JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   I am completely freaking out! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2436020-i-am-completely-freaking-out.html)

mom2moose October 22nd, 2011 12:06 AM

Re: I am completely freaking out!

I would think you will be ok, I think the main problem with pesticcides is continued exposure, not just an hour. But, try to stay out of the fumes as much as you can now, and ventilate the house the best you can. I would also mention it to the neighbor to give you a heads up next time.

geogeek October 22nd, 2011 12:14 AM

I ditto everything Jenny said. It shouldn't be harmful because of the short amount of time. :dothug:

geogeek October 22nd, 2011 12:26 AM

He really should have given you notice for sure with that strong of a pesticide.

JessP October 22nd, 2011 12:46 AM

He should have warned people. I agree you guys are probably ok.

LindseyE117 October 22nd, 2011 06:39 AM

Yeah. I guess I am such a freak about anything and everything now. I am still so terrified about another loss. I feel stupid about it now.

LindseyE117 October 22nd, 2011 08:02 AM

I am completely freaking out!

We opened up all of the windows today to let the fresh air in as we were cleaning up the house. Well all of the sudden this horrible smell started coming into the house. I thought that my husband had mixed cleaners and I pushed the kids outside only to see that the neighbor directly behind us had smoke all in his back yard and it was filling up our back yard too. I thought his house was on fire, so my DH ran over the fence into his back yard to make sure everything was ok.

I get the kids inside but it still stinks bad. Turns out it was not a fire but a freaking mosquito fogger!!! It got all in our house and both the kids and I were breathing in poision!! I am terrifed about what this will do for our pregnancy. I was trying to look it up online and it said to completely stay away from pesticides until 8 weeks because it can cause severe birth defects. We left the house for a half an hour, but when we got back you could still slightly smell it.

I am freaking out ladies!! I don't want to experience anything bad because of this or lose my baby.

LindseyE117 October 22nd, 2011 08:27 AM

Wow how weird the posts are posting backwards. I hope that is true ladies. I am just so p*ssed at the neighbor right now. It literally looked like his house was on fire. Even our next door neighbor though so.

missy123 October 22nd, 2011 09:10 AM

I agree with Jenny. I would also go and speak to your neighbor. Tell them you are pregnant and need to be notified in the future with things like this. Or if you don't want to mention pregnancy use your children as an example.

AZsnowflake October 22nd, 2011 08:20 PM

What a jerk :(

ohnicole October 23rd, 2011 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZsnowflake (Post 25065477)
What a jerk :(

I totally agree. He should not have done that without at least letting you guys know. How stressful! You did exactly the right thing, though, and I'm sure you and baby will be fine :hug: