JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   another midwife appt today (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2436147-another-midwife-appt-today.html)

LindseyE117 October 22nd, 2011 06:54 AM

Re: another midwife appt today

They sent you home at a 5?!?!?! That is considered active labor! I would head back to the hospital at that if you are contracting regularly.

JessP October 22nd, 2011 10:13 AM

Sounds like it wont be long now.

mom2moose October 22nd, 2011 10:22 AM

You should be having that baby SOON!!! Good luck!

geogeek October 22nd, 2011 02:45 PM

another midwife appt today

I took my blood pressure today and it was still high and it was above the levels that my midwife wanted so I called her. I went in and they again are not too worried, but want me to go into labor really soon. So, they decided to check me again and do another stretch and sweep. It was the mother of all stretch and sweeps! They decided to manually dilate me more. With it done yesterday I went from barely a fingertip to a 2. Today I left stretched to a 5! I thought I was going to die! I am bleeding and cramping like I am on a regular period. They also sent me home with blue and black cohosh to take so I can get some stronger contractions to get me to efface more.

missy123 October 22nd, 2011 07:59 PM

What????????? They sent you home at 5cm?

Oh my... I hope you have her soon!

AZsnowflake October 22nd, 2011 08:19 PM

OUCH!! It hurts when they stretch you :( I hope she comes very soon!

geogeek October 22nd, 2011 11:04 PM

I had a rough night. My body seems to be confused. I have been getting good contractions. I was awake for 3 hours in the middle of the night not being able to sleep because of them. But they aren't regular.

missy123 October 22nd, 2011 11:40 PM

I am sorry that you are struggling like this sweetie. Have you thought about getting some pitocin to jump start active labor?

missy123 October 23rd, 2011 12:20 AM

Awesome Rachel! Love your attitude.

LindseyE117 October 23rd, 2011 07:07 AM

Any updates?? Been thinking about you!

StaceygirlPa October 23rd, 2011 07:11 AM

I hope she comes soon. Thinking about you.

ohnicole October 23rd, 2011 07:48 AM

I'm sorry that the contractions haven't been regular for you yet- crossing everything that your labor picks up and baby is here soon!

geogeek October 23rd, 2011 07:57 AM

Since I am with a midwife only birth center practice they don't do pitocin inductions. I am okay with that. I don't work. DH is supportive of everything as well and does everything to make me comfortable.

LindseyE117 October 23rd, 2011 08:04 AM

If you were a 5 last night, I would at least get checked out again today. That kind of scares me that they would send you home dilated to a 5. I would be so scared of not making it back to the hospital.

geogeek October 23rd, 2011 08:19 AM

I am not going to a hospital. I am going to a birth center. I am not concerned about it at all. Even if she is born in the car to the birth center, I am all good with that. Once my body decides to figure out what this labor thing is we are a go.