JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Almost 8 weeks and really struggling with not feeling pregnant... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2436345-almost-8-weeks-and-really-struggling-not-feeling-pregnant.html)

girlymom October 22nd, 2011 11:09 PM

Almost 8 weeks and really struggling with not feeling pregnant...

I will be 8 weeks on Tuesday. My missed miscarriage was at 9 weeks. I just can't get out of my head the thought that there may not be a live baby inside me. I had an u/s at the ER at 6 weeks 1 day and they say a hb and baby measured 6 weeks 2 days. But now that it has been a while since that u/s I am just so anxious and scared.

With my past pregnancies, I had really bad morning sickness. But this time I am pretty ok until I take my prenatal. While I am happy not to be so sick, this really scares me.

I have a Sonoline doppler, and the lady I bought it from said she found her baby's hb at 8 wks. So, I have been trying it a couple times a day for the past 2 days...I keep thinking maybe I am hearing the little bean wiggling around and the doppler just barely almost picking up the hb but like it's just not strong enough yet.

I have been attempting to get in for additional first trimester ultrasounds and it may happen, but definitely not as soon as I need for my sanity.

I just feel so frustrated and helpless...there's absolutely nothing I can do to verify that things are still ok...I just don't want to be thinking I am having a baby and then find out in a week or two or three that the baby didn't make it.

I don;t want to "just relax". I want to know! :(

geogeek October 22nd, 2011 11:14 PM

Re: Almost 8 weeks and really struggling with not feeling pregnant...

I am sorry that you are having to go through this. Is there a reason why your doctor won't schedule an ultrasound for you? When I had my freak out moments like this he would schedule me for a simple ultrasound for reassurance because of my past losses. I hope that you are able to pick up a strong little heartbeat on the doppler soon to ease your fears.

missy123 October 23rd, 2011 12:10 AM

I did not find the hb on my sonoline until between 9-10 weeks. I am sorry you are feeling so much anxiety put it is pretty normal after a loss. We all worry at different times in here. I would call the clinic (or better yet just walk in there) and ask for an ultrasound. The worst they can say is no. And there is always the ER department if your feeling that anxious.

((hugs)) Welcome to the board.

girlymom October 23rd, 2011 07:39 AM

My OB's office isn't really like a normal OB's office...it's a huge clinic and they don;t even have an u/s machine there - they have to refer you out to somewhere else. Everything is done very by the book...I am pretty sure that even if I succeed in getting someone live on the phone they will probably react like I have two heads when I tell them what I want. :(

My OB did give me a referral to have a consult with a perinatologist but they didn't fax over the referral for days (when I called to check) and then I found out that the perinatologist gets NINETY referrals a day, so who knows when I will actually get in for an appointment....

JessP October 23rd, 2011 08:00 AM

So sorry. Hope you get some reassurance soon.

ohnicole October 23rd, 2011 08:15 AM

I'm sorry you're so worried- missed miscarriages make it so hard to trust in anything :hug: I hope you can find the heartbeat soon on the doppler- I think I found mine right around 9 weeks, but it took a ton of searching. :dothug:

AZsnowflake October 23rd, 2011 11:46 AM

*hugs*! Every pregnancy is different, I had NO pregnancy symptoms at all with my son and he came perfectly healthy!

fromustobaby October 23rd, 2011 12:26 PM

Huge hugs, I had a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks 6 months ago, and this time around I was beyond insane (and I mean that literally) because I had so many conflicting emotions going on in my head...it really is so scary, BUT, you are almost to 9 weeks, so that is a great sign...

my thoughts...
1. I put in one panicked call to my OB when I really needed a U/S for my own sanity, because she cared, she let me come in and ease my mind...you need to express to your nurse/DR about the previous M/C and how you just need a 2 minute U/S to ease your mind...if you dont think its going to work (if they arent kind people), then frankly, lie, say that you are bleeding and cramping, getting in there and easing your mind, you need that right now...

2. I had quite a bit of morning sickness with the one we lost (much more than I had with my son)...with this one, I've had practically none (even less than with my son)...yet, this one is doing just fine so far...

3. I am very thin, so if anyone should hear the heartbeat early, it is me...I have been trying since 8 weeks myself...today (9 weeks 5 days) is the very first time that I've heard the heartbeat on doppler...anything before 10 weeks is REALLY EARLY!! It depends on so many things from where the baby is to where your uterus is to how much padding is between the doppler and the baby, to where to are looking for the baby with the doppler...

Thinking of you this week, I was just there, and I really feel for you...
:dothug:

queenofthecastle October 23rd, 2011 05:54 PM

I'm sorry that your worried. The first trimester is the worst...especially after a loss. I hope that you can get an u/s soon!!

lindsey2000k October 24th, 2011 08:25 AM

Im sorry your having panic moments, I am still having them.
I had 2 missed miscarriages so I have no comfort in anything.
Just about an houst ago I was finally able to get baby on doppler and it was hard to hear and I had to keep searching to find it again.

*SamF* October 24th, 2011 11:59 AM

Are there any other peri's close that you could ask them to refer you too?
I know I get a lot more 'kid glove' treatment from the peri's office than I would from a regular OB.

melissalaw October 24th, 2011 01:13 PM

The first trimester stinks after a loss. I'm so sorry that you are having a difficult time. I think you are still a little bit early to find baby's heartbeat on doppler so I wouldn't let not finding it freak you out. If your really worried, I would keep being a bugger and call your dr.s office and let them know you are in desparate need of reassurance.