JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Ladies who have had Subchorionic Hematoma...UPDATE (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2438478-ladies-who-have-had-subchorionic-hematoma-update.html)

girlymom October 26th, 2011 01:16 PM

Ladies who have had Subchorionic Hematoma...UPDATE

I had an u/s yesterday. Baby measured one day ahead at 8 weeks 1 day. Heart rate was 180.
The u/s tech mentioned that I have a Subchorionic Hematoma and made it sound like it wasn't a big deal. He said although there's no way to tell because it was the first time he saw it, since I am not bleeding maybe my body is reabsorbing it...

He showed it to me but I am unsure on the u/s photo where it is exactly - I want to know where the borders of it are...if it's where I think it is, the bottom right looks dangerously close to the gestational sac...

Ladies who have BTDT, could you take a look at my u/s pic and let me know what you think as well as any input from your experiences?

UPDATE: I went to see peri and they couldn't even see an SCH, they said either it was small and resolved itself or it was never there to begin with.

http://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...5a971b1c1f.jpg

KeepingFaith October 26th, 2011 02:44 PM

Re: Ladies who have had Subchorionic Hematoma...

I have had an SCH since week 5. I do not see it on that pic, mine was a huge black spot right under the sac. Did he tell how you how big it was? Mine started at 5x2 cm and grew to 9x2cm. I also had several episodes of bleeding, so it's very good that you aren't bleeding. From what I understand there is very low risk if it is small and you are not actively bleeding, most will either bleed out or absorb by 20 weeks. I was on bedrest for 7 weeks after a huge bleed from 10-17 weeks and have not had any bleeding since, my SCH is now only 1cm. I would try not worry too much, it can be scary and even if you do have bleeding everything can still be ok. Also, once the placenta starts forming, you do not want it to be behind the placenta, as it can cause tearing. I hope it is gone next time and you don't have to worry. My doctor said mine was one of the biggest ones she ever saw with the most bleeding and my little guy is doing great :)

JessP October 26th, 2011 07:08 PM

I had one. Normally they won't cause you any problems. Usually your dr will monitor it. I wouldn't worry to much. Call your dr if you are to worried. No need to stress.

girlymom October 27th, 2011 06:21 AM

Thanks so much for your input, ladies. I am feeling more positive today. I have my first peri appt tomorrow, so hopefully I will get a little more info from him. Thanks again!

.:Shortcake:. October 27th, 2011 06:33 AM

I agree with the other ladies. If your doctor isn't too worried about it I wouldn't be either but if your stressing over it I suggest calling the doctor and asking to be seen. No need to sit and worry over it :)

OurSweetLabs October 27th, 2011 12:20 PM

I am glad you get to see a Peri. Good Luck !!

I had a SCH that was discovered at 10 weeks and I bled until 15 weeks. I was on bedrest during this time and really believe that is what helped my resolve.

MamaRN October 27th, 2011 05:04 PM

I have 2 stories of sch, one is good and one not so good. With my second pregnancy I had a massive bleed at 6 weeks and they found a huge sch, monitored it for several weeks as I continued to have bleeding episodes. Baby looked ok at each ultrasound until 8 weeks when I had another big bleed and lost him, I had to take cytotec to pass him.

With my third pregnancy I had another sch found at 6 weeks. I had a small bleed around 8 weeks, went on pelvic rest and was taken out of work, followed weekly with ultrasounds until it appeared to resolve at around 16 weeks. My son is now a healthy 4 month old.

I researched sch quite a bit during this time and found most of the time it is not a big deal, in about 3% of pregnancies it causes miscarriage, so the odds are with you!