JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   pacifier (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2438915-pacifier.html)

.:Shortcake:. October 27th, 2011 07:16 AM

pacifier

Mommas:
Is baby using one?
Do you plan on taking it away at a certain age?

Momma-to-be:
Are you going to try to introduce them to your little one?
Do you have some ready at home?

Shadeauxe October 27th, 2011 07:22 AM

Re: pacifier

Are you going to try to introduce them to your little one? I don't have anything against them, but not every baby is interested, so it will depend on the baby.
Do you have some ready at home? I don't think so. If I do, I need to throw them away because they'll be old and gross.

kaylakay October 27th, 2011 07:42 AM

Momma-to-be:
Are you going to try to introduce them to your little one? Very much so :)

Do you have some ready at home? Not yet. DH doesn't want me to buy anything till after the 1st trimester. Which is understandable.

BeccaBee October 27th, 2011 08:11 AM

I hate pacifiers! I just think they are so hard to keep clean and for babies, when they can't find their paci at night someone has to get up and get it for them. Where as a thumb is quite easy to find! I totally respect other peoples decisions, but they are not for me and little girl will not get one.

I really was never so adamant about it until I found out my MIL was sneaking one to Max when he was a baby and would argue with MY decision not to use one. That absolutely will not happen this time though, because whether i'm right or wrong, and i fully admit i'm quite opinionated but probably not always right in my decisions, it is still my decision, not hers.

missy123 October 27th, 2011 08:46 AM

I have bought 2 really cute ones but it will depend on Scarlett. My oldest and youngest loved their pacifiers and my oldest son actually sucked his thumb at night until he was 10. Ekkkk.... My middle son had the pacifier once and was not a fan, he never sucked his thumb either.

So I will go with the flow and see what she wants.

Trish36 October 27th, 2011 08:54 AM

Mommas:
Is baby using one? yes, but only during the night and if she's in the car and bored. during the day she doesn't take it.

Do you plan on taking it away at a certain age? I usually take them away cold turkey between 18 months and 2 years. That's when they start to talk and the paci interferes, plus they always get these yucky sores on the chin from the drool. They cry for a couple of days and then get over it. :)

.:Shortcake:. October 27th, 2011 09:03 AM

It was on TV the other night about a child who was 11 years old and still using a Pacifier :eek: The mother said she would not take it away until the boy was ready and he wasn't ready yet. That poor poor child :(

KeepingFaith October 27th, 2011 09:15 AM

Momma-to-be:
Are you going to try to introduce them to your little one?yup, DD was a binky baby and I have a feeling he will be too. I did have the "binky fairy" come and take hers when she was 2 though :)
Do you have some ready at home? DD picked out a couple for him

ashj_1218 October 27th, 2011 09:36 AM

Do I count as a pacifier? Cause Kieran likes to use me as one! He doesn't seem so keen on the actual pacifier though...just the boob.

If he takes one, I will not have a set time to take it away. Liam has one and I have no plans to phase it out. He will let me know when he is ready to cope in another way. I need my coffee and chocolate...he needs his nunnie (what we call it).

NsMommy October 27th, 2011 10:49 AM

Momma-to-be:
Are you going to try to introduce them to your little one? Yes after 6 weeks. My son's was a life saver and I love paci-face babies. Hehe.
We got my son off it when he turned 1. Had him throw away his last one that day and he was fine after that.
Do you have some ready at home? Not yet but I plan to get some soon.

StaceygirlPa October 27th, 2011 10:49 AM

Are you going to try to introduce them to your little one? I will leave it up to baby. If baby wants one then I will give baby one.
Do you have some ready at home? No

AZsnowflake October 27th, 2011 11:02 AM

Are you going to try to introduce them to your little one? I hope not to as I'd rather not have to deal with taking it away and also don't want nipple confusion, but I'm not against it either. I'll be bringing some to the hospital and will decide once she's here. My son never took one...
Do you have some ready at home? Yes, it's still in the package though in case we decide we don't need it we can return it LOL seems small but for $5 that's a package of wipes! haha

*SamF* October 27th, 2011 12:02 PM

Mommas:
Is baby using one? Yep, but only at nap time at daycare, and pretty much all the time at home. DH is not good at keeping it hidden
Do you plan on taking it away at a certain age? By 3 if he is still using it then we will do something.

Momma-to-be:
Are you going to try to introduce them to your little one? Yes it has worked great as a soother fro DS.
Do you have some ready at home?
Not yet! I will get all new ones.