JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Baby wearing? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2440702-baby-wearing.html)

dreamer10 October 30th, 2011 07:03 PM

Baby wearing?

Ok friends, I know some of you are pregnant with your first kids, and this topic might provide some helpful info, while others of you have kids and have done this.....baby wearing. I have never done it because I have never found a wrap that not only allowed me to get all that I need to done, but my shoulders ache non stop while I baby wear. What do you all think? Have you heard of some wraps that are better than others? Reason I ask is that my sweet girl has reflux and dairy allergies and seems unhappy a lot of the time. She is always happy against my chest though and I am to the point where I truly don't mind just wearing her around all day. She is my last after all. So suggestions from experienced moms like you?

JessP October 30th, 2011 07:56 PM

Re: Baby wearing?

I just got a moby and really like it. I can carry her no problem. It wasn't that hard to figure out how to do either. I have never baby wore before. It's a whole new experience for us.

stargatemommy October 30th, 2011 08:32 PM

I make Mei Tais! They have been the best thing I have tried and I have tried a lot! They are SO cmofy and I can't even tell I am carrying him! With the Mei Tai you can wear baby in front (facing in or out) side or on back! I LOVE it!

AZsnowflake October 30th, 2011 08:46 PM

I have a moby and used it with my son but I got it when he was like 4 or 5 months old and the chunky monkey he was it wasn't easy to carry him for very long. I think the moby is good for newborns and the first couple months. I really want to get an Ergo carrier. I have MANY friends that have them and say they can wear the baby for HOURS and never have any aches or pains. You can use it with newborns but need to buy an infant insert for it which needs to be used til they are 4-6 months old to position them right in the carrier. And you can carry baby on your front, back, or hip.

~Laurie~ October 31st, 2011 05:31 AM

I have a ring sling but I can't seem to use it correctly or something. I've followed the youtube video's but it still ends up being uncomfortable for both of us. Chloe cries whenever I try to put her in it. I am really disappointed because I was really looking forward to having both hands to do light housework.

dreamer10 October 31st, 2011 12:43 PM

Erica....you mentioned that you made yourself some Mei Tais....would you be willing to make one for me if I paid you? I do believe we are in the same town...if I am not mistaken.....

missy123 October 31st, 2011 04:43 PM

I used one something like this when Kyle was born. He loved it!

Evenflo Babygo Dash Baby Carrier NEW | eBay

queenofthecastle October 31st, 2011 06:26 PM

I plan on baby wearing this one. I just don't know which one I'm going with yet.

SillyKitty October 31st, 2011 08:40 PM

I currently have a K'tan, but it's too stretchy and I don't think it will work well when Lucia gets heavier. I've heard that Moby wraps are much better since they aren't stretchy, but you do have to practice wrapping them. I am currently saving up money for an Ergo. I have heard nothing but good things about the Ergo, and everyone says it doesn't hurt your back.

stargatemommy October 31st, 2011 08:45 PM

Please don't use the the Baby Bjorn or snuggli ones. They are bad for baby's hips and spine because they let their legs dangle.... They are cheaper, but not worth it IMO!