JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Forget the 2WW (prev m/c mentioned) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2441562-forget-2ww-prev-m-c-mentioned.html)

silverlife November 1st, 2011 12:36 AM

Forget the 2WW (prev m/c mentioned)

I feel like I'm in a 4-week-wait.

This is my 5th pregnancy, the last two were miscarriages. The first loss I miscarried at 10w2d. With the second loss, I had an ultrasound at 6w6d that showed a heartbeat, but then at my first appointment there wasn't one anymore.

My husband and I decided we'd wait until 8 weeks for an ultrasound this time. Partially because I feel that an ultrasound at 8 weeks would have shown no heartbeat with either loss and partially because at 8 weeks my clinic will let me have my first appointment. I do not want to have an ultrasound with no heartbeat and have to wait for my doctor to follow up with me--I want an appointment right after the ultrasound to discuss it.

So here I am, 12DPO with a positive test, in a 4 week wait until we'll have an ultrasound. A four week wait wondering if this baby is really alive or if this will be another loss.

.:Shortcake:. November 1st, 2011 01:14 AM

Re: Forget the 2WW (prev m/c mentioned)

:hug: waiting is always the worst part for me. I kept feel like I was just passing my life by just waiting for things to happen.... waiting to O, waiting to test, waiting for AF, waiting for a doctor appointment. And it really had me feeling down and crappy. Now I'm living for today and trying not to stress as much about what is going on. I know it's easier said than done.

humnck November 1st, 2011 03:14 AM

I know what you mean, I started with a 4 WW - I have a very similar situation - went in for a check up b/c I was extremely ill, saw a hb at 6w, saw a hb at my 1st appt at 8w 3d, went in for spotting around 12 w and turns out the heart had stopped at 8w6d, I don't want to have to deal with that again either! I am down to just under 2...it is absolutely the hardest thing about this part of the pg, the waiting to find out "if"...GL, hope the time flies by for you!!

JessP November 1st, 2011 01:28 PM

Big hugs!! I pray this is your rainbow baby. Wishing you a happy healthy pregnancy.

my2stars November 1st, 2011 01:38 PM

Praying for u! I'm waiting for my rainbow baby I had 2 miscarriages and no children. Waiting on blood work now because af was a no show in Oct

missy123 November 1st, 2011 02:11 PM

Congratulations on your BFP and I know how stressful the waiting game is. ((hugs)) We are here for you!

AZsnowflake November 1st, 2011 02:22 PM

Congrats on your BFP! I hope the 4 weeks goes by fast!

mary30 November 1st, 2011 02:24 PM

First off congrats. I hated waiting .. always wondering . big hugs to you..

ohnicole November 1st, 2011 03:21 PM

Waiting is so hard, but congratulations on your BFP! :grats:

silverlife November 1st, 2011 05:41 PM

Thanks, ladies!

I called my husband at work today to tell him. When he came home he had a big silly grin on his face because of the baby. :wub: I really hope this is the one. But I'm also so incredibly nervous. I'll be 8 weeks on December 1st; I would really hate to spend the month of December depressed over another loss.

queenofthecastle November 1st, 2011 05:46 PM

Congrats on your pregnancy!! I hope that the next 4 weeks fly by!!!

ladysakura721 November 2nd, 2011 10:08 PM

hope the next four weeks go supper fast for you , i dont have the self control to wait im only 6wks 6days and already had first u/s and first appointment the wait would drive me insane :eek: CONGRATS !!!::grats: