JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Electric blanket while pregnant? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2442253-electric-blanket-while-pregnant.html)

missy123 November 2nd, 2011 10:14 AM

Electric blanket while pregnant?

I have read conflicting things on the internet about the use of an electric blanket while pregnant. I have a cold and feel all yucky and want to snuggle with mine.

Thoughts?

humnck November 2nd, 2011 10:21 AM

Re: Electric blanket while pregnant?

You just don't want your body temp to get too high. If you don't have it up too high and don't put your entire body under it, it may be ok. I would stick with a regular blanket though, just to be safe.

missy123 November 2nd, 2011 11:06 AM

Thank you!

*SamF* November 2nd, 2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humnck (Post 25123082)
You just don't want your body temp to get too high. If you don't have it up too high and don't put your entire body under it, it may be ok. I would stick with a regular blanket though, just to be safe.

agree, you just want to avoid your core temp going up too high. So keep your butt hanging out:D

NsMommy November 2nd, 2011 12:29 PM

So using a heating pad would be okay, right? I wrenched my back the other day and I think heat will help.

.:Shortcake:. November 2nd, 2011 12:32 PM

I agree I wouldn't use it. I would snuggle up with some big fluffy blankets though. :hug: I hope you feel better soon Missy!

SkyBaby November 2nd, 2011 12:34 PM

Aww yeah I agree with the other ladies.. feel better soon!

JessP November 2nd, 2011 12:38 PM

Heating pads and blankets can raise your core temp. Be careful and you should be ok. Or just avoid them.

humnck November 2nd, 2011 01:27 PM

Heating pads, as long as you don't use it too long and it's in a spot not too close to baby will be ok. My friend was using a heating pad and she was quite pg, she accidentally fell asleep with it and it ended up under her belly, baby was completely fine, but I wouldn't risk it if you are that tired!

StaceygirlPa November 2nd, 2011 04:22 PM

Thank you for asking this question Missy. I am always freezing and I was thinking about an Electric Blanket. I guess I will have to snuggle closer to Dh.

I hope you start to feel better.