JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Name trouble??? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2469255-name-trouble.html)

kaylakay January 1st, 2012 02:17 PM

Name trouble???

So DH and I have a very hard time deciding on names. Since our gender US is soon we've been throwing names around quite a bit. But the problem is... We can't decide on ANYTHING!

DH likes more formal sounding names.
For instance for a boy: Beckett, Blakely, Oliver.

I am more of a unique casual type of names.
For instance for a boy: Kian, Leland, Bricen.

Anyone else have this problem?
Did it take a lot of searching or did the name just come to you guys?

lindsey2000k January 1st, 2012 02:38 PM

Re: Name trouble???

I have not even thought about it yet for this baby.
I think I was 36-37 weeks with my daughter before I came up with a name.
At least your DH is helping with names mine wont help.

MamaRN January 1st, 2012 03:32 PM

Haha oh yes! My dh and I didn't decide on my daughters name until she was literally being pulled from my body. With my son we were pretty sure between 2 names and decided wended we saw him. It's hard! Good luck!

LindseyE117 January 1st, 2012 05:08 PM

DH and I still cannot agree on a name! He likes traditional names, and I like more non traditional names. We still have a long way to go to look at names. I guess we'll find out whether to start deciding on boy or girl names also soon enough.

Brittanie January 1st, 2012 08:09 PM

Aside from Cora's name (she was named before we were even engaged), names were really hard for us. I'd throw names at Matt and he'd reject them all, and then one day he would suggest something, and it was THE name.

Allison's name was the name that popped into Matt's head when the u/s tech told us she was a girl.

.:Shortcake:. January 2nd, 2012 04:54 AM

I'd give it time. Maybe once you know if it's a boy or a girl it will be easier for you guys to sit down and talk about it :) DH and I when we were pregnant with our first both wrote down names we liked and then sat down and crossed off ones we didn't out of those lists and then decided which ones we liked better :)

mom2moose January 2nd, 2012 05:09 AM

We didn't have a name for Finn until I was about 7.5 months pregnant. Boys names were hard for us. Finally, I talked him into Finn if I let him pick the middle name. And now, he loves the name. Good luck!

BeccaBee January 2nd, 2012 07:20 AM

With Max we'd decided before we ever got pregnant. For a girl we wanted Marissa, but once we used the M for Max and got pregnant this time, we couldn't think of any names. We also wanted to use specific letters to honor our grandparents, so that made it more challenging, and it's just the last few weeks that Natalie really seems like "the right" name.

StaceygirlPa January 2nd, 2012 09:12 AM

It was pretty easy for dh and I to pick out names. We new if we had a boy that the middle name would be his Dad's middle name and if we had a girl it would be my mom's middle name. We had to fine first names to go with the middle names.

owensmom January 3rd, 2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. (Post 25405786)
I'd give it time. Maybe once you know if it's a boy or a girl it will be easier for you guys to sit down and talk about it :) DH and I when we were pregnant with our first both wrote down names we liked and then sat down and crossed off ones we didn't out of those lists and then decided which ones we liked better :)

ditto. we did the list thing for our DS, but we didn't decide for sure until he was a few hours old. boys names are hard too...you've got plenty of time! plus having a few names that you like is nice, then you can put your list away for a month (or a week) and re-evaluate whether you really like the names. i know every time i looked at my list i would cross a few off - trying to figure out what crack I was on to think it was a good idea! ;)