JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Last day of work/ Five days to go! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2470714-last-day-work-five-days-to-go.html)

BeccaBee January 4th, 2012 10:47 AM

Last day of work/ Five days to go!

Today is my last day of work! I work from home right now, but it's been a bit crazy with last minute client requests and making sure my team is on top of all my projects. I'll be keeping an eye on things tomorrow and Friday, but after today, I'm done for 10 1/2 weeks! Woohoo!!!

Went to the doctor yesterday. She said baby is still so high that she can't imagine I'll go into labor before the c-section on Monday, which is good at this point. I found out I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am instead of 6:30am for a 7:30 delivery, which has thrown a wrench into my plans for Max. No biggie, but since i clearly can't drop him off at a friends house at 5am, I now have to have my mom sleep over the night before, which I had been trying to avoid. Love her dearly, but wanted our last night to be just the three of us.

Also asked about anti depressants as when Max was born I had mild, but noticible, post partum depression. Since after my 21 week loss I had a bad reaction to Wellbutrin, this time she wants to put me on Zoloft in the hospital as she says it's easier to preempt PPD than to treat it after symptoms show. Has anyone else had experience with this? Seems crazy to think about being depressed as I've wanted this baby for so long, but rather be prepared than suffer through the first couple of months like I did with Max.

Seriously, five more days! I can hardly believe it so I just keep saying it over and over again!

KeepingFaith January 4th, 2012 05:16 PM

Re: Last day of work/ Five days to go!

YAY for no more work and being so close. That stinks you have to go in so early. I have to go in for 6am and DD is sleeping over my mom's the night before. It will be so hard not see her in the morning.

I don't know about the antidepressants but it sounds like they have a good plan for you, I have a history of severe adolescent depression and they watch me closely. Luckily, I did not get it with DD and hope not to this time around. I hope it works well for you and you feel great postpartum :)

lindsey2000k January 5th, 2012 05:46 AM

YAY good luck Monday :)

silverlife January 5th, 2012 05:51 AM

You are so close to holding your little one! :cheer:

I think it's a good idea to start the antidepressants right away. PPD isn't a situational thing, it's a hormonal/brain chemistry thing. So even though you may be thrilled at having your rainbow baby, you may still find yourself having a hard time functioning day-to-day because of depression.

humnck January 5th, 2012 06:55 AM

Yay for Monday!

Can your mom just come over after bedtime so you can keep it to just the three of you or will that hurt her feelings?

BeccaBee January 5th, 2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humnck (Post 25423325)
Yay for Monday!

Can your mom just come over after bedtime so you can keep it to just the three of you or will that hurt her feelings?

Ha! DH and I discussed this but it would crush her, and it's probably not fair to ask her to do a favor and then make her feel bad about intruding on family time. At least it's my mom and not my MIL :) After the horrible last two years, I think she really just wants to be around me right now, so I will be okay with it... just not exactly how I'd planned things.

humnck January 5th, 2012 09:32 AM

Yeah, I can see how that woudl hurt her feelings, just wasn't sure if that was an option:) Well, it will be nice to have her there, have your just the three of you day/night on Saturday and then all day Sunday:)