JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   People Annoy Me! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2503194-people-annoy-me.html)

stargatemommy March 18th, 2012 05:51 PM

People Annoy Me!

I just learned that about a weeks ago when My DH announced on his FB wall that we were expecting baby #2, one of our old friends (we haven't spoken to her in a few years, off FB) responded with this:

"If I see one more pregnancy announcement I am going to scream! How do you expect me to be happy when I am so miserable? Why do you get what I want?!"

Now I understand that it is tough to be in her position, because I HAVE BEEN THERE. But come on! REALLY!?! It is just rude to respond to our announcement that way! Maybe, if you are unhappy, just don't respond! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Belita March 18th, 2012 05:57 PM

Re: People Annoy Me!

I agree. She just shouldn't respond.

missy123 March 18th, 2012 08:38 PM

You are right to be upset but that post sounds like a serious cry for help... Maybe tell her about these boards? Maybe she is going through loss or infertility and could use some support...

I am sorry she rained on your excitement... are you able to delete her post?

Jessghetti March 18th, 2012 11:09 PM

I know it can be hard seeing everyone else having healthy babies and easy pregnancies and how upsetting that can be.

It was inappropriate for her to say that though.
I don't think she intentionally meant to be hurtful.

LindseyE117 March 19th, 2012 04:40 AM

I would have deleted her comment and send her a private message explaining how innapropriate her comment was. I understand how she feels, but she does not need to post such things on your wall, let alone a very public place like Facebook. Maybe she does not know the hurt you went through, or maybe she doe not care. Either way, very innapropriate. I'm sorry she would say such a thing and hurt your feelings either way. :hug:

~Tanya~ March 19th, 2012 04:56 AM

Oh wow! I can't believe someone would even write that! I'm so sorry :(

mom2moose March 19th, 2012 05:37 AM

She shouldn't have said that. Period. End of story. I'm sorry.

queenofthecastle March 19th, 2012 07:38 AM

How rude of her!! I'm sorry that she made your happy announcement was ruined by her unnecessary comment. Even if she was hurting, she didn't have the right to take it out on you. HUGS!!

Pitridge March 19th, 2012 08:02 AM

She should of either not responded or just say congrats. You can always send a private message to say how miserable you are, but there is no need to post that kind of comment on FB, it's rude and tasteless. I hope your husband deleted the post.

stargatemommy March 19th, 2012 08:14 AM

The thing is that she KNOWS that I have had my share of "infertility" heartache. She KNOWS that conceiving Peter was REALLY hard, and had I not given it that one last cycle of trying before giving up, I might not even have him!

I think she is upset that it was so easy for me this time, and that it's not fair. While I think it is perfectly fair. I think I suffered enough to get Peter, and now that I know what my problems are, I am not going to ignore them. I am going to do what is necessary so that my babies live!

K.A.T March 19th, 2012 08:27 AM

That's very rude. I don't care what a person is going through, they have no right to be so rude. They have no clue what YOU went through to get to that pregnancy. Ughhh people like that really irritate me.

Leanne78 March 19th, 2012 08:53 AM

I'm with Liz, I don't care what she's gone through, that's just completely inappropriate and immature. I'd delete the post and probably her. I'm not sure I would even respond honestly. I might just send her the number for a good therapist.

*SamF* March 20th, 2012 06:11 AM

That was so out of line. I know in the past I just refrained from making comments when it was to painful.
Does she know about boards like this? It does sound like she could use some support of her own. Hopefully she will realize what she said and apologize.

geogeek March 20th, 2012 08:47 AM

Wow...that is rude. I know that when people announced pregnancies when I wanted to be pregnant more than anything in the world, it hurt but I was always cordial to the person. That is when I came on here and would vent...I would have never done it to the pregnant person! I am so sorry.

stargatemommy March 20th, 2012 08:48 AM

I went to tell her about JM and the support she can find here, only to find that she unfriended me! Boo on her!

K.A.T March 20th, 2012 08:52 AM

Then she really wasn't worth your time and not someone I would care to support on this board. Sorry.

humnck March 20th, 2012 09:53 AM

Ugh! That is so hard, because you feel for her, because you have gone through such hard times to get what you wanted too, but seriously, I can't imagine saying that to anyone. When I was going through my 2nd loss, people were posting left and right, I'm pregnant, I'm due, I was happy for them, sad for me, but would always say Congrats to them, you should never take away someones happiness!

Congrats to you!! She is clearly not in her right mind...

Pitridge March 20th, 2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargatemommy (Post 25781763)
I went to tell her about JM and the support she can find here, only to find that she unfriended me! Boo on her!

Not worth even a second of your thoughts.