JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Can't my family get a break? (OT) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2503941-cant-my-family-get-break-ot.html)

silverlife March 20th, 2012 09:48 AM

Can't my family get a break? (OT)

In November 2010 I had my first miscarriage. In June 2011, three days before that baby's due date, my father died in an accident (so sudden/unexpected). In late Aug/early Sep 2011, I had my second loss. In November 2011, a few days after the anniversary of my 1st loss, my uncle died. And now, right around the due date of my 2nd loss my mom has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

All of this is enough to make me feel superstitious. I'm hoping this is the last of the bad stuff. I don't want anything bad in July (when this current pregnancy is due) or Aug/Sep (1 year from my 2nd loss).

The only "good" thing of the bad news is that the doctor is optimistic for my mom's prognosis.

Pitridge March 20th, 2012 09:53 AM

Re: Can't my family get a break? (OT)

I'm so sorry about your mom. It's good that the doctor is optimistic about it:bighug:

humnck March 20th, 2012 10:00 AM

I am so sorry about the diagnosis, but happy to hear the prognosis is good! Keep us posted and big HUGS to you!!!!

K.A.T March 20th, 2012 10:45 AM

I'm so sorry about your mom. I'm glad the doctor is optimistic about her outcome. I hope it all goes for the better and nothing more bad will added on to your plate.

mom2moose March 20th, 2012 11:13 AM

Wow. Sorry aboput your mom. I hope she'll be alright!

~Laurie~ March 20th, 2012 11:22 AM

I'm so sorry. I hope everything goes well with your mom's treatment.

stargatemommy March 20th, 2012 11:28 AM

I am sorry you are dealing with so much! :(

*SamF* March 20th, 2012 12:01 PM

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis! Hopefully all the bad stuff is behind you now.

Hopefulpinkangel March 20th, 2012 03:17 PM

:hug: Glad the doc said her prognosis looks good!

Belita March 20th, 2012 05:09 PM

:hug: I'm sorry about your mom. I'm glad her doctors are positive about her prognosis!

queenofthecastle March 20th, 2012 05:34 PM

HUGS!!! I'm sure that it's a lot to handle right now with being pregnant and your mom being sick. I'm glad that the dr's are optimistic about her recovery.

.:Shortcake:. March 20th, 2012 07:17 PM

:hug: I am so sorry to hear about your mom :( I'm glad the doctors are optimistic though! Sending lots of thoughts & prayers your way hun! Stay strong!

JessP March 20th, 2012 07:39 PM

So sorry to hear about your mom. The good news is if they caught it early her chances of survival are wonderful. They have come along way. Prayers for your family.