JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Incompitent Cervix, How do you know You are at Risk? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2504944-incompitent-cervix-how-do-you-know-you-risk.html)

Jessghetti March 22nd, 2012 02:34 PM

Incompitent Cervix, How do you know You are at Risk?

So I have been worrying myself to death with the thought I may have an incompetent cervix. (That's what I get for googling things)

Anyways, I read often there is no signs until it is too late, I have had pressure on my pelvis and some cervical pains, I did bring this up to my doctor around 12 weeks but he assured me it was just probably the pressure of the uterus growing.

Well I still have that pressure sometimes and I worry about something bad happening, I know it probably is unlikely such a thing will happen. I never had any prior trauma to my cervix and my PAP came back normal.

So should I be worried? I know they don't test for it unless you have had a problem before.

~Tanya~ March 22nd, 2012 03:03 PM

Re: Incompitent Cervix, How do you know You are at Risk?

They do check your cervix during u/s... It is usually caused by having many pregnancies or a short cervix... I lost my son due to IC, but I had 12 pregnancies prior to getting pregnant with him... They did monitor for changes, but not as vigilantly as they do when there is a confirmed case. If it is really worrying you, you should call so they can at least set your mind at ease...

Jessghetti March 22nd, 2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Tanya~ (Post 25793079)
They do check your cervix during u/s... It is usually caused by having many pregnancies or a short cervix... I lost my son due to IC, but I had 12 pregnancies prior to getting pregnant with him... They did monitor for changes, but not as vigilantly as they do when there is a confirmed case. If it is really worrying you, you should call so they can at least set your mind at ease...

I'm so sorry to hear that.
As for me, I have had two prior pregnancies but I lost them at 4 weeks, so this is really the farthest I have ever been. I don't have any living children as of yet. I go in for a u/s on the 16th of April and I will ask them if everything is looking normal.

.:Shortcake:. March 22nd, 2012 03:54 PM

If you are really worried about it then I suggest calling. It never hurts to have it checked and just give you some piece of mind. :hug:

dreamer10 March 22nd, 2012 05:04 PM

I agree with the others, if your worried then call. It can't hurt! I will say though, with 10 pregnancies that went full term I had all kinds of cervical/pelvic/vaginal pain throughout each and every one of them. Everything is streching and growing down there to accomadate baby, even your pelvic bones. Before I had my first baby I had a bunch of jeans that fit, and then after she was born I lost every pound of my weight, but my jeans never did fit again...my bones were too big! Streching and growing I say! However, better safe than sorry...mention it to the doc and make sure everything is ok!

lindsey2000k March 22nd, 2012 05:22 PM

I'm sorry you are so worried. My friend had this with her first pregnancy no pains or warning signs.

stargatemommy March 22nd, 2012 07:07 PM

I was terrified of this as well with my son. I even had a slightly open cervix for my whole pregnancy, but they never were worried. My son was born at 36 weeks, an no cerlage was needed.