JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Baby Feeding check in :) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2505136-baby-feeding-check.html)

.:Shortcake:. March 23rd, 2012 03:29 AM

Baby Feeding check in :)

If your LO is on formula, what brand do you use? Do you use powder, concentrate, or ready feed?

If your LO is BF, do you have any dietary restrictions that you are needing to follow (dairy-free, etc...)?

How often does your LO eat?

Have you introduced any sort of "solids" yet? If so, how much/often?

How long of stretches does your LO go at night before needing to eat?

missy123 March 23rd, 2012 06:57 AM

Re: Baby Feeding check in :)

If your LO is on formula, what brand do you use? Do you use powder, concentrate, or ready feed?
Scarlett is on Similac Sensitive when I have coupons and if I don't we use the Walmart brand sensitive. We mostly use the powder formula. It is so easy to use! When the boys were little I used the concentrate (most people did) and you had to pre-make bottles and leave them in the fridge, warm them up ect... with the powder I buy the Gerber baby water and just make bottles as she needs them. So much faster!

All the time, lol!

She has had rice cereal, oatmeal cereal, pears and sweet potatoes so far. Sweet potatoes are her favorite :)

She is such a good girl! She goes to bed around 9:30pm and wakes up at 7:15am... I love being able to sleep again!

ashj_1218 March 23rd, 2012 07:27 AM

My dude is breastfed. I tend to avoid straight dairy (cheese, milk, yogurt, ice cream, etc) because he has a sensitive tummy. But I eat dairy in foods. Not like Mac and cheese, but casein in bread and stuff.

He eats about every three hours during the day, more or less.

He sorta has had them. Probably a total of 8 times. We were doing every other day for about a week, but then his belly started acting up again and I backed off. He has had oatmeal (once!), carrots, and sweet potatoes. Like Scarlett, sweet potatoes are is fav. But I think they are harder for him to digest. He hasn't had any in about a week now. It's gonna be a slow process.

The most he usually does is four hours. I think a week ago he might have done five. But usually it is a three hour stretch, a two hour stretch, and then a four hour before we get up at 7ish.

JessP March 23rd, 2012 09:09 AM

Kaitlynn is on Similac Advanced powder formula.

Every couple hours, she eats different at daycare than at home :(. But I am happy she is eating.

Yep we are doing grains as we are trying to cut them out of our family diet so we went straight to fruits and veggies. She has had Sweet Potatoes, Apples and Bananas. She liked them all :).

She goes to bed about 8pm and gets up about 530 to eat or go to daycare. If not going to daycare she will go back to sleep for a bit.