JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Had a scare on Wednesday. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2505425-had-scare-wednesday.html)

caitea March 23rd, 2012 05:44 PM

Had a scare on Wednesday.

I had some awful cramping on Wednesday that felt oddly similar to the cramping I had before my first miscarriage (a short three months ago) so I called my OB, who urged me to go to the ER. I went, and after six hours, had a sono, physical exam and blood work and we got a little surprise. Everything was peachy keen, HB was 134 and I am measuring 7 weeks 4 days (then, and I was thought to be 6 weeks 5 days). So as far as I know now, little bean is as healthy as ever, and I'm now 7 weeks 6 days. I've jumped almost a whole week! But, on our way to the hospital and throughout the waiting, I'd basically accepted that I was probably walking out of that ER with an appointment for a D&C. I'd just lost all hope when those cramps hit. And I realised, "What am I supposed to do if we lose this baby? What about the people who don't know? Should I pretend nothing happened, or go 'Oh, I was pregnant, sorry we didn't tell you, anyway, we miscarried.'?" I decided after that, if the news is good at the sono on Monday morning, we're telling everyone then. I'm not waiting for a loss anymore. Long story short, it was scary, but baby is fine and we're spilling the beans on monday.

~Tanya~ March 23rd, 2012 05:47 PM

Re: Had a scare on Wednesday.

I'm so sorry for the scare, but so happy everything turned out well! Can't wait for your update!

Jessghetti March 23rd, 2012 05:54 PM

Glad to hear everything is alright with your little bean, I hope everything continues to go great from here on :)

Belita March 23rd, 2012 06:22 PM

Glad everything is okay with your little one!!

SkyBaby March 23rd, 2012 06:39 PM

I'm sorry for the scare, but glad to hear that precious bean is still hanging in there!

queenofthecastle March 23rd, 2012 08:26 PM

I'm sorry that your bean scared you!! Sounds like it's doing well in there!!

caitea March 24th, 2012 12:33 AM

Thanks everyone! I'm sure as soon as we get home on Monday I'll be posting the ultrasound pics and family reactions! Plus, I just found out my friend and neighbor just got an unexpected BFP, so it'll be fun for both of us to have someone nearby. I love having you ladies and my due date club, but it's fun to talk to someone I know face to face, too. YAY BABIES!

missy123 March 24th, 2012 04:04 AM

Great to hear all is ok!! Looking forward to the pictures :)

LindseyE117 March 24th, 2012 11:19 AM

I am glad that you and the baby are ok! I just want to say that my major symptom the whole first trimester was severe cramping. It is also a normal symptom. :hug: