JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   39 Week Appointment (X-posted from DDC) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2513772-39-week-appointment-x-posted-ddc.html)

TnPhotoMama81 April 12th, 2012 11:35 AM

39 Week Appointment (X-posted from DDC)

It went alright :)

The doctor said my cervix is thinned out and very soft. I am a little more dilated than I was last week (so a little more than a fingertip now). She was able to sorta get two fingers in to do a membrane sweep. She said I might spot some from it. Hopefully it helps!! She said she can feel her head and all that but she still isnt way down into my pelvis like she needs to be I guess.

My NST and ultrasound was fine...fluid levels and my placenta still looks great (graded it at a 1 - I guess the highest is 4 where they become concerned to get the baby out). Right now she is measuring approximately 7 lbs 13 oz. I think she will probably be around the size Ethan was (8 lbs 4 oz).

My next appt is Friday 4/20 but I hope I don't make it until then. I am not sure if a csection at that point will be suggested or not. We are still taking it week to week which is exactly what I wanted so I am comfortable with that. I am still trying to hold onto hope I will go on my own. I don't really want to wait much longer past 41 weeks though. I am open to another induction with a foley bulb before I just go with a repeat c-section. However, I don't want to be in labor for 26 hours like I was with Ethan only to end up with a c-section. I was so exhausted through all that with Ethan and barely even remember that first night with him. I don't think they will "allow" me to be in labor for 26 hours without progression though since it would be a VBAC.

4/21 is the day we experienced our first miscarriage so the thought of her having that birthday is a little scary. I know deep down everything would probably be just fine...but it is still awkward and makes me think of what ifs I suppose.

It is so weird to know that in less than 2 weeks Emily WILL be here!!! I am still enjoying being pregnant. I am kinda ready for her to just be here though. Only because always wondering what day she will be here kinda sucks haha. I just want to KNOW! :) I did pack most of my hospital bag last weekend. It's just a matter of grabbing things I can't pack yet until we know when it is baby time.

lindsey2000k April 12th, 2012 12:43 PM

Re: 39 Week Appointment (X-posted from DDC)

YAY so close now :)
I had my 36 week apt today.

~Tanya~ April 12th, 2012 12:45 PM

WOW!!!! It's so close!!! I can't wait to see pics! Sending you quick and easy labor vibes :)

Belita April 12th, 2012 01:26 PM

That's wonderful! I hope that you don't go too long and you're able to do your V-BAC!

melissalaw April 12th, 2012 02:35 PM

Can't believe how close you are!!

Pitridge April 12th, 2012 03:00 PM

Not much longer, I hope that she comes before 4/20. Do you have anyone that can updates us if you go into labor? I hope that you get to do VBAC, sending easy labor vibes your way.

LindseyE117 April 12th, 2012 03:08 PM

Wow!! I cannot believe that we are going to have another baby boom in here! Hopefully you will go ASAP!

momof8lopez April 12th, 2012 04:55 PM

Wow, your soooooo close!! Im excited to see a new face in here soon!! Enjoy these last DAYS, it will be over before you know it!

L-SBB April 13th, 2012 06:13 AM

you are so close now!!! Glad the appt went ok and little girl is doing great!

I know it probably doesn't seem this way to you, but i swear it seems like you just got your BFP and now you're almost done :o

Jessghetti April 13th, 2012 06:42 AM

You're almost done baking, how exciting! I hope everything goes great for you - it must be hard to wait until the baby is ready to come huh? I heard at a certain point in pregnancy you are eager to be done - but it seems alot of ladies here miss being pregnant too.

*SamF* April 13th, 2012 08:37 AM

You are so close!!! Hope baby comes all on her own soon!

TnPhotoMama81 April 13th, 2012 11:28 AM

Thank you everyone! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitridge (Post 25887861)
Not much longer, I hope that she comes before 4/20. Do you have anyone that can updates us if you go into labor? I hope that you get to do VBAC, sending easy labor vibes your way.

I asked Erin (Erin84) if she update you guys and she said she would love to so I will be having her do it :) I will probably have her let you guys know if I go into labor if don't have time to post it myself. It really just depends on the situation. My internet and cell service on my phone really sucks at the hospital so I am unsure if I will be able to post a photo or not until I get home. Or even send one to her...I've tried sending pics to myself while I was up there doing NST's and they would never go through. Texts normally will though just not photos.

but yeah....any updating will be posted by her :)

Erin84 April 13th, 2012 08:26 PM

:waves:

missy123 April 13th, 2012 08:43 PM

Super exciting!! and I am stalking you on facebook too!

luvmykids623 April 14th, 2012 08:35 AM

Eeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! I am so excited for you! You are soooooo close! I can't tell you how happy I am for you! :wub:

TnPhotoMama81 April 14th, 2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvmykids623 (Post 25895285)
Eeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! I am so excited for you! You are soooooo close! I can't tell you how happy I am for you! :wub:

Aw thank you Lori :D I am so glad we got to be in a DDC together. It is nice being in there with other mommies who are having their rainbow babies.

luvmykids623 April 14th, 2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TnPhotoMama81 (Post 25895403)
Aw thank you Lori :D I am so glad we got to be in a DDC together. It is nice being in there with other mommies who are having their rainbow babies.

I couldn't agree more! I've really enjoyed being in a DDC with you and Courtney!

doremi April 14th, 2012 08:30 PM

YAY!!! You're so close! Can't wait to see the pics! I hope your L&D goes smoothly, whichever route it takes.

JessP April 17th, 2012 10:57 AM

That is so exciting. I can't wait to hear of her arrival!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner