JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   We Are Having.... !!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2515399-we-having.html)

Jessghetti April 16th, 2012 05:29 PM

We Are Having.... !!!

A baby GIRL!

Which is what I suspected all along! Her brain,heart,kidneys,spine all looked great - she was covering up her little face so they couldn't get a good picture of her face to check for a cleft palate. Her heartrate is at 135.

All seemed great - except when my OB got in to talk to me (which he had just come back from delivering a baby) he told me something that got me rather worried.

He said my placenta was sitting low and I have placenta previa - he is hopeful it will move up between now and my 28th week u/s but I am still scared. He advised me I didn't need bedrest or not dtd with my husband but I am still kind of unsure. He also said she was in a breached position but has plenty of time to move.

Has anyone else had problems with this? He said I may need a c-section if that is the case.

Another great thing that happened is my husband said he felt her move today! So I am so happy - she kicked me pretty hard when he went to feel her so I don't doubt it.

Also I will be uploading photos soon :)

Hopefulpinkangel April 16th, 2012 05:35 PM

Re: We Are Having.... !!!

Congrats on your girl!! Hope your placenta moves up. I've heard it very common and most of the time they move up all on their own!

Belita April 16th, 2012 05:43 PM

Congrats on your baby girl! Sorry little Chelsea's placenta is causing you worry. I know a few people who have had placenta previa and it moved on its own before birth. I hear it's really common and 90% of the time it moves in time for a vaginal delivery. :D

.:Shortcake:. April 16th, 2012 06:28 PM

Ditto the other ladies! I think it's a common thing that usually corrects itself :) Yay for a baby girl! I can't wait to see the pictures of her!

~Tanya~ April 16th, 2012 07:12 PM

YAY for a baby girl!!!!

I too have heard that most of the time it moves up on it's own.

missy123 April 16th, 2012 08:17 PM

Congratulations on a baby girl!! I had partial placenta previa with my middle son Dylan. Back then (20 years ago) they had me on semi-bed rest and the placenta moved up on its own.

TnPhotoMama81 April 16th, 2012 08:38 PM

congrats!!!!!!!!!!

*SamF* April 17th, 2012 06:56 AM

Congrats!!!

I had a low lying placenta with this one. It wasn't full previa but it was close. It has moved out of the way now. She was also breech around 20 weeks too and has been head down since around 28 weeks. At the 20 weeks point they turn a lot.

Pitridge April 17th, 2012 08:24 AM

CONGRATS on having a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know much about the placenta issue, but Alex was breech, he was head down until 36 weeks. The baby has plenty of time to move, so I wouldn't worry about the baby being breech, she will move.

JessP April 17th, 2012 11:44 AM

Congrats on the girl! I hope she flips and your placenta moves.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

..Penelope.. April 17th, 2012 01:15 PM

:cheer: Congratulations!!! :cheer:

I hope that you placenta moves soon!

luvmykids623 April 17th, 2012 03:54 PM

Congrats on your baby girl! :cheer: I've known a lot of women who had placenta previa earlier in their pregnancy, and many of them had their placenta move by birth.

LucilleTwo April 18th, 2012 07:55 PM

Yay for girls! Congrats!