JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Maternity Leave (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2516370-maternity-leave.html)

.:Shortcake:. April 18th, 2012 04:04 PM

Maternity Leave

How long are you taking for maternity leave?
Are you starting it early or waiting until baby comes?

K.A.T April 18th, 2012 04:09 PM

Re: Maternity Leave

I was forced to go on early leave. However, I will not be returning.

BeckyBozeman April 18th, 2012 04:50 PM

I'm planning on working as long as I can and then taking three months of leave. We haven't decided for sure, but I think that I'll probably end up giving up my current position and taking something much more part time or office/baby friendly after my leave. My employer has been great and made it very plain that they want to keep me around in whatever capacity they can!

Belita April 18th, 2012 05:57 PM

I'm not going back to work and will be a SAHM. Since I'm a teacher, I won't work after this school year lets out so I'm only working until I'm about 20 weeks.

queenofthecastle April 18th, 2012 06:11 PM

I babysit out of my home for a 14 month old. My last day with him is Friday. I'm going to take a month off unless I end up with a c/s then I will take closer to 6 weeks off.

Shadeauxe April 19th, 2012 03:43 AM

I get six weeks off, then I will do six weeks of half working at home and half going in. After that, I will be back to full time.

luvmykids623 April 19th, 2012 05:57 AM

I went out on disability at 28 weeks (1/6) because of complications. I was supposed to have 8 weeks after birth (going back 4/13), but because of bad PPD my doctor wants me out until June 1st.

Pitridge April 19th, 2012 07:39 AM

I will work until I go into labor, which it freaks out a lot of people here at work :D I get 3 months hopefully all with full paid (one can always wish, right?)

*SamF* April 19th, 2012 07:41 AM

Plan is to work up until I go into labor. Then 6-7 weeks off, depending on when I go into labor. I'm pretty much planning on going back July 5th. And then it's back to full time.

~Tanya~ April 19th, 2012 07:59 AM

My plan is to work right up to the end - my cervix staying long once the cerclage is in place will have a lot to do with this though...

I am planning on taking 3 months off, or as much time as I have saved up at that point... That could change to just 6 weeks if I have to use any of my time before hand though. We get I think 26 weeks of maternity leave, but it is all unpaid, so it's going to be a waiting and praying game.

Pitridge April 19th, 2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Tanya~ (Post 25917650)
My plan is to work right up to the end - my cervix staying long once the cerclage is in place will have a lot to do with this though...

I am planning on taking 3 months off, or as much time as I have saved up at that point... That could change to just 6 weeks if I have to use any of my time before hand though. We get I think 26 weeks of maternity leave, but it is all unpaid, so it's going to be a waiting and praying game.

There is a gov't program called NDI, I'm not sure if it's available Statewide or not, but its a program that pays you $250 a week while on disability.

humnck April 19th, 2012 09:37 AM

How long are you taking for maternity leave? I am thinking between 10 and 12 weeks, we shall see:)

Are you starting it early or waiting until baby comes? I am waiting until baby comes, because I want to spend as much time on my leave with baby as possible! If they end up needing to induce me, I will probably do what I did last time and if it's in the middle of the week, I will take the day before off.

TnPhotoMama81 April 19th, 2012 12:25 PM

I worked until my due date which was this past Tuesday. I won't be going back though bc I didn't qualify for FMLA and they won't hold my position for me...so whatever :D

We might be temporarily moving to Oklahoma for 3 or 4 months coming this June so I would have had to quit anyway. Kinda hoping that still happens bc it would be good money (military related).

tobi4 April 21st, 2012 08:01 PM

I was off 10 weeks before my due date and I am taking 2 years!! :excited: I wont be going back until Sept 2013.