JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Why does this have to be so hard and stressfull (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2516769-why-does-have-to-so-hard-and-stressfull.html)

StaceygirlPa April 19th, 2012 04:53 PM

Why does this have to be so hard and stressfull

I had another NST scan today. Once again Cody failed the NST scan. He didn't move the whole time I was hooked up. He had a good heart rate but no movement. They called my doctor and they ordered a Biophysical Ultrasound. My fluid looks good. At first the tech had a hard to get him to move. At one point I said he isn't moving. She said no and i don't think he cares that we want him to move. Right towards the end she finally got him to move. They scored him 8 out of 8. They sent me home on modify bed rest. I'm not supposed to lay down all the time but I am not supposed to do that much. I have to drink something g cold and lay on my left side couple times a day and do kick counts. If i don't feel that much movement over the weekend then I have to go back in. I have appointment on Tuesday. I have a question. Since he passed the Biophysical Ultrasound should I worry since he failed his NST scan. I was hoping these let four weeks would go by fast without any problems. Its not looking like that.

mom2moose April 19th, 2012 05:40 PM

Re: Why does this have to be so hard and stressfull

I have no advice, but would just try to keep an eye on it. (Which I know you will!) I don't blame you for being scared. Sometimes, it should just be smooth and easy!!

TnPhotoMama81 April 19th, 2012 06:02 PM

I am not sure either. I hope he starts moving more for you! Just keep an eye on it of course.

Does he seem more active after you drink or eat certain things?

shen7 April 19th, 2012 06:02 PM

I had a similar thing at 34 weeks or so for low amniotic fluid, also turned out to be a false alarm after the biophysical profile. The biophysical scan is more important and 8/8 is perfect. The baby likes to sleep when you are up and moving, walking around. Doing the kick counts and taking it easy sounds great. Try to relax :) I know it is stressful when stuff like that happens!

dreamer10 April 19th, 2012 06:05 PM

I had that exact thing happen with my 6th child. His u/s and nst were normal but he just would not move. I had scans every other day the last two weeks I was pregnant and then at 38 weeks they induced me. My doctor said that even though they can't find a reason for them behaving that way, there must be a reason...so he wanted to get Joe out. I felt so much better once he was in my arms...I was so worried by the end there! I hope little Cody picks up the pace a bit, or they decide he's better off on the outside, because 4 more weeks of this might just send you to the looney bin!

luvmykids623 April 19th, 2012 06:10 PM

I had the same problem with Greyson. Keagan would be jamming away, and Greyson failed his NSTs several times. Sometimes he would be an angel on the biophysical profile and other times he didn't care if we wanted him to move. I wouldn't be overly freaked out, but I would definitely keep a close eye on his movement. I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

~Tanya~ April 19th, 2012 06:45 PM

I'm sorry you have to deal with this worry... It's not something I've ever experienced, but I just wanted to say that I hope Cody starts moving more for you so you don't have to worry anymore!

silverlife April 19th, 2012 06:46 PM

That must be stressful. Hopefully he decides to come out before your due date so that you don't have four more weeks of this!

lindsey2000k April 19th, 2012 07:42 PM

UGH that much be so hard. I hope he goes good kick counts for you to keep you from stressing.

avasmom603 April 19th, 2012 08:38 PM

At the end of my twin pregnancy my Jillian always failed while Desmond would do his job ;). I would drink juice and shed get zapped over and over and she just wouldn't move. She is healthy so no worries for us. Maybe Cody doesn't want to be told what to do lol.

dee68 April 19th, 2012 09:18 PM

I had the exact same thing happen when I was pg w/ Katie.
She started having "lazy days" at around 28 weeks.....and you can bet that every scan she would NOT move...so it was off to the hospital for monitoring for 2 - 3 days....and she would be moving non stop.
I was also put on bed rest towards the end of the pregnancy..

I had health issues as well, so I was in the hospital alot for my last month... I delivered her c-section @ 37 weeks...I had Pre eclampsia really bad....

she is always on the move now ;)
Try not to worry too much about it...and remember, they do get a little cramped in there so they might now move as freely. I hope it eases your mind a bit...
every baby/pregnancy/woman is different.
Best wishes to you !!!

momof8lopez April 19th, 2012 10:11 PM

Stacey, I cant say I experienced this myself, but Selena had unusually low h/b's with her nst's, making me get a BPP as well. Her h/b would escalate like normal and she was very active, but her normal h/b when not moving would go to 110-115. Sometimes during active periods she would bounce up to 170 and then drop to 109-106. Dr. said it was normal for her, but she scared the living crap out of me. Even during labor we had 5 min of non stop contractions that dropped her h/b to the 90's. I can say she is very healthy and just has a very laid back attitude, lol. Shes an active one, just does things at her own time/pace.

If by 38wks, your responses from Cody are the same, I would push to have him evacuated! No need to jepordize anything and he will be perfectly healthy!

doremi April 20th, 2012 01:04 AM

Ugh, that stinks! I'd be a nervous wreck too if I was in your shoes. I hope he gives you some good kick counts, and if this continues, maybe a slightly early delivery will be in order!

StaceygirlPa April 20th, 2012 05:59 AM

Thank you ladies. Last night after I got home I had two ice cream sanswiches and drank abottle of cold water. He started to kick non stop. I agree with Lisa. I don't think Cody likes to be told what to do. I have been telling people this is the Cody show and he is the star. I am going to talk to my doctor on Tuesday and ask him if Cody continues to fail NSt scans if they will take him early. One thing we did fine out yesterday. Cody isn't breech any more. He is head down. I have another ultrasound on Tuesday.

melissalaw April 20th, 2012 06:33 AM

Stacey I'm sorry that you are having to deal with this. It does sound like Cody is just stubborn. Glad he is head down now and hopefully he will move more and give you some peace of mind.

.:Shortcake:. April 20th, 2012 06:38 AM

:hug: I'm sorry Stacey. I agree with the other ladies. I would just keep an eye on it and honestly if it continues at 37 weeks I would push for him to come out.

*SamF* April 20th, 2012 06:59 AM

Glad he has flipped!

CJ used to be bad on NST's, and E was being a stinker at first for both her bio and then the NST this last week. They get lazy too.
Did they have you drink cold water or buzz him during the NST? Yesterday the cold water got her moving for the NST. She had to buzz her for the bio to get her to kick.

Leanne78 April 20th, 2012 07:39 AM

Stacey - I had weekly NST's with Akadia and she NEVER performed for them. She was perfectly happy to curl up and sleep the entire time. I remember dreading those appointment because sometimes I would be there for hours while they tried to get her to move. She was perfectly fine, just a calm baby. (To bad that didn't translate to the outside.) I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! Only 4 more weeks! ;)

NsMommy April 20th, 2012 08:00 AM

My healthy little guy failed NSTs regularly. Before I went into labor, I was in the hospital at least 3 times because he failed the NST in the doctor's office.
He's just a pretty laid back kind of kid and didn't want to perform just like other ladies' kids here.
But if you are worried and with the high blood pressure concerns, talk to your doctor about plans to make sure he's delivered safely!

Pitridge April 20th, 2012 08:56 AM

It seems like everyone has given you great advice, I have no experience with any of these. I'm sorry he is being so stubborn. I agree that it seems like he does not like to be told what to do. I hope he's done with his lazy days.