JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   MFM Appointment today! **2nd update** (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2516885-mfm-appointment-today-2nd-update.html)

LindseyE117 April 20th, 2012 04:45 AM

MFM Appointment today! **2nd update**

So I have an u/s today with MFM. I also have to start meds for my GD today. I have to pick up my prescription and take a pill 3 times a day to control my blood sugar. I am also extremely swollen due to me retaining fluid. My OB wants me to do an EKG next week I guess because GD puts a strain on your heart, especially with all this extra fluid hanging around my body. Still I am trying to look at the bright side, I get to see my baby today! Also, I get to discuss next week whether or not I get those steroid shots I was going to get at 32w, which is next Tuesday for me. I'll keep everyone posted on my appointment today!

**UPDATE**

No good news. My vision went out and I had to be admitted to the hospital for monitoring. I'll be staying overnight and getting a MRI. I am also having constant contractions, but no cervix changes thank god. I really do not know what is going on, but when I do I will update everyone. I really wanted to see the baby too. :(

**2nd Update**

I am home. Turns out my vision was impared due to my diabetes. My MRI came back fine and so did all of my blood work. I did end up having to a gew a few shots to stop my contractions, which sucked, but they stopped almost immediately. They were pretty strong too which surprised me. I am still 1cm dialated, but definately no cervical change. I have to schedule an appointment with an eye doctor and see if my doctor will see me earlier next week. I still have to get my EKG next week because of the diabetes. Also, I need to reschedule my u/s with MFM. I sooooo wanted to see my baby yesterday! Grrr!!! Also, let me just add that I HATE MRI's. I am very clastaphobic, so being inside that machine was terrible. I could not be sedated because of the pregnancy, so they had to tie me down and blindfold me to get me inside. The baby did not like it either and I thought he was going to punch through my stomach to get out he was freaking out so much. I really hope I never have to do that again. Ugh.

~Tanya~ April 20th, 2012 05:07 AM

Re: MFM Appointment today!

I hope you have a good appointment!!! Good luck!

melissalaw April 20th, 2012 05:35 AM

Good Luck at your appointment. Don't you just love the ultrasounds. I guess that is one good thing about Pregnancy after Loss, you always get more ultrasounds.

.:Shortcake:. April 20th, 2012 05:49 AM

Good luck at your appointment! Yay for getting extra ultrasounds :)

Pitridge April 20th, 2012 07:59 AM

Good luck at your appointment today!

Leanne78 April 20th, 2012 08:26 AM

Hope your appointment goes well Lindsey!

luvmykids623 April 20th, 2012 10:15 AM

Good luck at your appt! I definitely recommend the steroid shots.

Belita April 20th, 2012 10:19 AM

Good luck at your appt!

LindseyE117 April 20th, 2012 02:33 PM

Re: MFM Appointment today! **update**

Updated.

Pitridge April 20th, 2012 02:41 PM

I am so sorry, that is not the update that I was hoping for :( I hope the MRI does not show anything bad. Please keep us updated. I'll be thinking bout you.

Belita April 20th, 2012 03:05 PM

Oh, no! I hope you and the baby will be ok and he can keep baking!

queenofthecastle April 20th, 2012 03:27 PM

Praying for you and your baby!! HUGS mama!!

Hopefulpinkangel April 20th, 2012 03:29 PM

Oh no!! Thinking about you!! Keep us posted! :hug:

luvmykids623 April 20th, 2012 04:02 PM

Oh no! Praying for you and your little man! :bighug:

TnPhotoMama81 April 20th, 2012 04:14 PM

I am sorry to hear that. I am glad they are monitoring you closely...

Not trying to scare you (last thing I would want to do) but a girl in my DDC gained like 20 (maybe it was a little less) lbs in a week from fluid retention alone. She had a csection (planned) but was back in the hospital a couple days later because she couldn't breathe. All the fluid was putting extra work on her heart. Thankfully she is okay now but it got pretty serious there for awhile because they had to sedate her and put her on a ventilator :/

20 lbs is a LOT to gain in a week though and I am sure you haven't gained that much. I had no idea fluid retention could cause so many problems.

*hugs*

momof8lopez April 20th, 2012 04:32 PM

Lindsey, Im praying you start to feel better soon so you can enjoy these last few weeks. KUP on your condition and try and take it as easy as possible.

lindsey2000k April 20th, 2012 04:59 PM

Thinking of you

TnPhotoMama81 April 20th, 2012 09:16 PM

still thinking of you! good luck with your mri.

~Tanya~ April 21st, 2012 04:37 AM

Praying for you and the baby!

LindseyE117 April 21st, 2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TnPhotoMama81 (Post 25925107)
I am sorry to hear that. I am glad they are monitoring you closely...

Not trying to scare you (last thing I would want to do) but a girl in my DDC gained like 20 (maybe it was a little less) lbs in a week from fluid retention alone. She had a csection (planned) but was back in the hospital a couple days later because she couldn't breathe. All the fluid was putting extra work on her heart. Thankfully she is okay now but it got pretty serious there for awhile because they had to sedate her and put her on a ventilator :/

20 lbs is a LOT to gain in a week though and I am sure you haven't gained that much. I had no idea fluid retention could cause so many problems.

*hugs*

I do have a lot of fluid build up, and I have to get an EKG because of it next week. I am really swollen and I hate the way I look and feel right now because of it.

I am home now though and I updated my original post. Thank you so much ladies for the thoughts and well wishes.