JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Intro (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2534342-intro.html)

LiamsMother June 1st, 2012 06:54 PM

Intro

I just learned about this group. I'm glad I found you guys. I'm 16 1/2 weeks pregnant after miscarrying 6 months ago. The baby that I lost was a girl and the baby that I'm carrying now is a boy. It's really hard for me to connect with him because he's not "her". I'm just now starting to fully feel the grief of our daughter's loss and it's really hard. The baby I'm carrying was planned and he is wanted. I want to love him as much as I would've loved the little girl we lost.

momof8lopez June 1st, 2012 07:03 PM

Re: Intro

Im so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby girl, and want to say congratulations for the very wanted/loved little boy you are now blessed with. When your holding your brand new baby boy in your arms soon, you will forget all about being disconnected and will love him unconditionally. I too lost a baby girl at 9wks, and had another baby girl after her......it was hard emotionally knowing that she was not her sister and would never replace her. by the time I made it to 20wks, I was fully connected to my new daughter, but never forgot about the soul that had to be lost to get this new one, its bittersweet.

~Tanya~ June 2nd, 2012 04:27 AM

Hi Amanda! Welcome to the group :)

I know right now it seems like you are disconnected, but I think with time you will bond with this baby too. I want a boy so badly this pregnancy & at times I analyze the why? I always have this underlying fear that it's to make up for losing Daniel, but I know no other baby can replace him. If it's a girl, I think I'll be very disappointed, but like you will love her unconditionally.

I'm happy you found this group. The ladies are so great & it really helps to have a place where it's ok to talk about our fears :hug:

It's going to work out sweetie!

TnPhotoMama81 June 2nd, 2012 10:44 AM

Congrats on your baby boy and welcome to the group. I am glad you found us.

So sorry for your previous loss :(

l1i2v3 June 3rd, 2012 09:06 AM

Congratulations on your baby boy, and I'm very sorry to hear about your daughter. :(

I'm also glad that you found us. The ladies here are all wonderful and so, so supportive. My daughter is already a year old but I just haven't been able to leave them! ;)

martilynne June 3rd, 2012 01:16 PM

Congrats on you pregnancy and I'm sorry for the loss of your baby girl.

I also went on to have a boy after loosing a baby girl. There are always the "what if's" but if we hadn't lost Lilly we never would've had the most perfect awesome boy ever. I couldn't even imagine life without my Jax.

queenofthecastle June 3rd, 2012 07:05 PM

Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy!! I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope that your able to find comfort and support by coming to this board.

LiamsMother June 3rd, 2012 08:51 PM

Thank you for all of the welcomes. I look forward to getting to know all of you in this supportive group.