JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Small and quick update on Layne and I *UPDATED* (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2534936-small-and-quick-update-layne-and-i-updated.html)

LindseyE117 June 4th, 2012 04:44 AM

Small and quick update on Layne and I *UPDATED*

Well, I came home from the hospital yesterday. I never knew a c-section was so painful. I now have a huge respect for any woman who has one. I will try and get my birth story up as soon as I feel good enough.

For now Layne is not home with me. He got sent up to the NICU my last day there for quick labored breathing, At first we did not know what was wrong with him which sent me into a panic, but we found out early yesterday afternoon that he has Patent Ductus Arteriosis and a small heart murmur.

I am devestated ladies. I go in for a normal term delivery only not to bring my baby home. He most likely will not be home until later this week, and that is only if they can close the artery within the next few days. I cannot drive yet, and my kids cannot go with me alone to the hospital, so I have only been up there to see him 3 times since he got in there yesterday. They had to put a feeding tube in him so that he does not inhale any of his food while feeding, seeing how his breathing is so labored. I have been trying my hardest to keep pumping as my milk barely came in yesterday. I even woke up 3 times last night to pump for him.

More than anything I just want my baby home. My heart is so broken right now that I cannot concentrate on anything but him getting here. I will update yall as soon as I can, but as of now I might not even know anything for the next few days.

Here are some pictures of him from yesterday and the day before. I just keep picturing myself holding him and him not laying in that crib in NICU. If you pray, please pray that this heals up on his own and he can come home to me.

Two days old

http://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...3bbeb736a6.jpg
http://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...449efdc291.jpg

Yesterday at NICU- Three days old

http://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...4842a29447.jpg

UPDATE 2

So Layne will be a week old tomorrow and is still in NICU. Turns out that a lot of his complications are due to my GD. His lungs are weak even though he was a term baby because of my GD, so he will have to stay in the NICU with no definite come home date until they mature and his breathing stabilizes. Thid can take a day, or it can take a month. He is strictly bottle feeding right now, but they have to keep the feeding tube in just in case his breathing is bad and they cannot bottle feed. I am pumping like crazy to make sure he gets pure breast milk. I now make enough that they do not have to supplement him at all with formula.

As for his PDA, it might be closed, it may not be, but it is not an issue right now. I guess it can take months to close, so we will just be following up with a caridologist when he gets out. Also we will see him for the small hole in his heart. He main issue is his breathing. When that gets under control, he can come home. I will have to take infant CPR and go through a car seat test too, but I am ok with that. I just REALLY want my baby. I tried to bake him as long as I could, but I guess he just wanted to come.

If you pray ladies, please pray for my little one. Every day that passes that he is not home, my heart breaks just a bit more. My only sanity right now is going to the NICU and holding him at least once a day. I just break down every time I leave him there. I miss him so much already.

~Tanya~ June 4th, 2012 04:57 AM

Re: Small and quick update on Layne and I

Oh hun, I'm so sorry you couldn't bring him home with you :( I'll be praying it heals up on it's own & you are able to have him home in your arms ASAP! :hug:

He is simply precious!

Hopefulpinkangel June 4th, 2012 05:30 AM

:hug: So sorry that he had to stay in NICU. Praying that he gets to come home soon!! I know what it's like to have to leave your baby in the hospital and it's not fun. :hug:

silverlife June 4th, 2012 05:31 AM

I'm sorry things didn't go smoothly. :( Hopefully he'll be able to come home soon.

Is there anyone that can watch your kids and give you rides to the hospital? You've waited so long for Layne and it seems unfair that you can't even be holding him right now.

Are you renting a pump? Hospital grade pumps are better at establishing supply than even the double electric ones you can buy in the store. I rented one with my son, who had tongue tie and couldn't latch properly. When my daughter was in the NICU I was luckily able to stay in the hospital room with her and use a pump in the hospital.

:dothug:

.:Shortcake:. June 4th, 2012 05:35 AM

Oh Lindsey he is adorable! I am so sorry he has to stay there in the NICU. I am praying for a speedy recovery for you and him and I hope he is home with you soon. :hug: I wish I live closer to you dear I would watch the kids for you and take you to the hospital.

Belita June 4th, 2012 05:47 AM

:hug: I'm so sorry you're not able to take your sweet baby boy home with you. You've been through so much to have him here. I hope he heals quickly and is able to come home with you soon.

mom2moose June 4th, 2012 06:07 AM

I understand how devestating it is. We had to leave Moose too. (Also carried to term.) The only thing that made it ok, was I knew it was the best place for her. I hope Layne comes home soon, and I hope you start feeling better.

StaceygirlPa June 4th, 2012 06:17 AM

I am sorry you had to leave him in the hospital. I pray he recovers fast and is home with you soon. He is so cute.

mspkids June 4th, 2012 06:19 AM

I can't imagine what you are going through. That has to be the hardest thing for a mom to do. Hugs.

He's adorable. Congrats. He'll be home soon.

ashj_1218 June 4th, 2012 06:44 AM

What a little cutie! Hopefully it heals up quickly and he can come home soon!

Pitridge June 4th, 2012 07:47 AM

He's adorable!
I'm sorry that he has to stay in the NICU and that you can't be there holding him like you should. I really hope he heals on his own and fast. I know how devastating this might be for you, but stay strong, he will come home very soon.

queenofthecastle June 4th, 2012 08:00 AM

He's such a cutie :). I'm sorry that he's in the NICU. I can't imagine having to leave your newborn. I hope that he's home soon and you have a speedy recovery.

kaylakay June 4th, 2012 09:02 AM

Oh my cute. He is sooooo cute! I love babies with hair and he is seriously adorable. Haha. You are one lucky mama! ;)

I hope you heal quickly! C sections sound like they'd be extremely rough so I really do hope you heal soon!

As for Layne... I bet leaving your baby at the NICU is so hard. I pray he heals quick and you can bring his cute self home ASAP. :)

BeckyBozeman June 4th, 2012 10:06 AM

He really is adorable Lindsey!! I'll be praying that you and he both heal quickly and that he's home with you soon... are there maybe some church folks that you could ask for some help with watching the kids and getting to the hospital?

Hugs and congrats on your beautiful baby boy!

Jessghetti June 4th, 2012 11:19 AM

Im so sorry to hear he has to stay in NICU and you had to go home without him. He looks perfect though, you did a great job baking him! :)

~Laurie~ June 4th, 2012 11:30 AM

He's gorgeous! I'm so sorry you had to leave him. It is devastating to not be with your baby. You can rent hospital grade pumps like another poster said, but it has only been a few days. It takes a while to get your milk supply up so don't beat yourself up. Remember to rest when you can because the stress can hurt your supply, as can lack of fluids.
Ask at the hospital if there are volunteers or programs that can watch your kids while you visit Layne. This was offered to me when Chloe was in the NICU, but it might depend on the hospital. Chloe was born at one of the best neonatal and pediatric hospitals in Canada, so I'm not sure a smaller hospital will have the same support/programs, but they might! Are you close to the hospital? Is there a family member that can watch your older kids? You could ask about a Ronald McDonald room as those are usually within walking distance of the hospital.
Hang in there. Your sweet boy will be home with you before you know it.

doremi June 4th, 2012 01:31 PM

What a beautiful baby boy! I'm sorry you have run into complications... I wish they would have let you stay in the hospital with him so that you could spend more time with him! The c/s pain is so hard the first few weeks... it makes it really hard to keep your spirits up. I'll be thinking and praying for you and your sweet boy!

TnPhotoMama81 June 4th, 2012 04:35 PM

I am so sorry he isn't home with you. I hope this passes quickly for you <3

fromustobaby June 4th, 2012 07:48 PM

He is so beautiful...am so sorry he is not home with you yet, i hope he is home soon...
As for the c/s...I had one with Maiya cause she was breech and wouldnt turn (after having the easiest delivery ever with Kaiden)...and felt like my guts were about to fall out of my stomach by day 4-5...take the pain medicine religiously, and try to rest as much as possible for when that baby boy is home with you...

Shadeauxe June 5th, 2012 04:37 AM

I hope everything clears up quickly and that you can take him home. Having a baby in NICU, even for a short time, is no fun.