JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Clumsy me :( UPDATE (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2535555-clumsy-me-update.html)

kaylakay June 5th, 2012 10:10 AM

Clumsy me :( UPDATE

Well last night during one of my late night bathroom trips... I tripped over a cord and fell all the way over! I landed on my hands and knees mostly (my knees are pretty scrapped up) and my bump and my chest barely hit...

I laid down on my side to make sure she was still moving, checked her on my doppler, checked for blood and everything seemed okay. So I just went back to bed.

I did call my OBGYN office and left them a voicemail and told them what happened... I'm waiting for a call back. Part of me wishes I just went to the hospital last night but well see what they say. I have felt baby move this morning so that's good... I guess well see what the OB says.

UPDATE

Well my OB wanted me to go to L&D just to get monitored after the fall... Well I ended up having contractions, high blood pressure and horrible back pain. So they of course started doing blood draws for pre eclampsia, urine checks, watching my contractions and seeing if I was dilated more... Long story short my blood came back fine, my contractions kinda died off a bit, my BP went to an "alright" level, I didn't dilate more so after 5 hours I got sent home... But we did find out I have a nasty bladder infection so now I'm on antibitoics. Darnet! I was really hoping to have a baby!

Well in the middle of the night last night I woke up with a lot of pressure... So TMI ahead I had to go number #2 well during I had a gush come out. It kinda felt like AF. I stood up and it was my bloody show! It was very gross and all over. So I went back to bed and I felt some contractions but drifted into sleep... When I woke up this morning it feels as if my hips are gonna break and it feels like I have been riding a horse for 24 hours straight! I can barely walk! Ugh. No one told me it got this bad!

Right now I'm taking it easy... I wish I could walk or DTD to help bring on labor faster but I may cry if I do either of those. Haha Let's hope labor comes soon enough.

JessP June 5th, 2012 11:18 AM

Re: Clumsy me :(

Sounds like you didn't bump her to hard and she is moving like normal. I would for sure keep an eye on it and if you feel stressed or anxious ask to be seen. It can't hurt to help you feel better. Sorry you fell.

Pitridge June 5th, 2012 11:49 AM

I had a similar fall a couple of months ago, I didn't hit my belly. I never called the OB because the baby was moving fine and everything seemed ok, as long as you didn't hit the belly, you will be ok. Now, a couple of days after I fell, I started to noticed tail bone pain, if it happens, do not panic, and as the doctor told me, it won't go away until after you deliver. keep an eye and write down anything that would be different from before the fall. I'm glad that you are ok.

humnck June 5th, 2012 01:07 PM

Ouch! If she is moving around as normal, she is fine, however, if it worries you, I would definitely insist on being seen. I would also add, they will likely just do a doppler check, which you have already done, unless you think they might do some other tests? An u/s perhaps? Are you having any contractions or anything from the fall? Those babies are very well cushioned in there and the fact that you didn't hit the bump hard I would think everything is fine, but, like I said, I would definitely asked to be seen if you are worried about her. It never hurts!!

martilynne June 5th, 2012 07:13 PM

I'm sure she's ok but falling while pregnant is so scary!

.:Shortcake:. June 6th, 2012 06:15 AM

Awww!! Sorry you feel hun. I agree with the others if she is moving around and everything she should be fine but you know if your feeling anxious about it, it never hurts to go get checked out for peace of mind. :hug:

StaceygirlPa June 6th, 2012 07:01 AM

I am sorry you fell. I fell once while I was pregnant with Cody. I agree with the other ladies. If she is moving around you should be ok. Although if you are worried about get checked out. I called got checked out because I couldn't feel him move.

Belita June 6th, 2012 02:18 PM

Re: Clumsy me :( UPDATE

I had to Google "bloody show" but :grats: on losing your plug! I hope labor starts soon! Come on pretty Avalynn, we want to meet you! :wub:

kaylakay June 6th, 2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belita (Post 26132300)
I had to Google "bloody show" but :grats: on losing your plug! I hope labor starts soon! Come on pretty Avalynn, we want to meet you! :wub:

I thought I lost my plug last week but I think I lost the rest last night due to quantity and color... Haha. So it happens overtime apparently.

And I agree. She needs to come. I know I can be pregnant for a couple more weeks but everyone is surprised I haven't gone yet. :( just based on how I feel. Grrr.

Belita June 6th, 2012 02:35 PM

With how effaced and dilated you are, I wouldn't be surprised if Avalynn decided to make her arrival sooner rather than later. :)

kaylakay June 6th, 2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belita (Post 26132378)
With how effaced and dilated you are, I wouldn't be surprised if Avalynn decided to make her arrival sooner rather than later. :)

I'm a very stretchy 3 almost 4 and 75% effaced and she can feel her head perfect! Even everyone in Labor and Delivery were surprised how dilated I am and how "early" I was for a first time mom. Apparently most first time moms have a hard time dialating. I'm just lucky I guess! I hope that means fast labor. Haha

SkyBaby June 6th, 2012 03:33 PM

I'm so glad the fall didn't cause any major problems for your sweet girl or you. Hope that bloody show and loss of your mucus plug come to something soon!

mspkids June 6th, 2012 03:48 PM

Glad the baby is okay. Stinks about the infection. Please drink tons of water and don't be stupid like I was. I ended up in the hospital 24 hours later with massive kidney infection which really SUCKS when pg. I was told it spreads quickly when pg.

As for the plug, it will grow back some after a few days if nothing happens. I found that out with my 2nd when I walked around for 5 weeks at 3cm. I must have lost it 3 or 4 times. Each time, got a little worse until finally it did the trick and I had her 8 hours later. Hang in there. I know it sucks thinking tonight is the night and then wake up to nothing.

hearts.0nfire June 6th, 2012 07:08 PM

So glad the fall didn't do anything, but yay for bloody show and good dilation/effacement. I bet she'll be here in a few days. That's what I was at my 38 week appointment with Darcy and then I had her 5 days later. :)