JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Blankets... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2539036-blankets.html)

.:Shortcake:. June 14th, 2012 09:51 AM

Blankets...

What kind of blankets are you getting for baby?
Soft, thin, thick, silky, etc.

Will you swaddle?
If so will you do your own or buy the pre-done ones?

Will you buy receiving blankets?

Shadeauxe June 14th, 2012 10:49 AM

Re: Blankets...

We have a mix of blankets. The ones we use the most right now are these. The are awesome and so versatile. We use them as blankets, shade makers (new word) in the car seat, nursing covers and emergency spit up wipers. They are huge and would be great for swaddling, which Little Miss did not care for.

The flannel receiving blankets, like this, are crap blankets but are great clean up cloths. I have a bunch leftover from when my son was a baby and use them are burp cloths and spit up removers.

1InSummerland June 14th, 2012 11:29 AM

Hm... We don't have ANY baby blankets yet. Oh - aside from the one that was mine when I was a baby. It's like a little baby comforter. It's super cute. :)

Aside from that, I'm not sure. We'll probably end up getting a couple different kinds just because we're new to all of this and we'll just see what we end up using.

3Sapphires June 14th, 2012 02:05 PM

What kind of blankets are you getting for baby? the left over kind from my other babies! most of them are stretch and soft.

Will you swaddle? yes
If so will you do your own or buy the pre-done ones? I have a mircale blanket and I will use that. It worked wonders for my boys.

Will you buy receiving blankets? I have a bunch, I just use them on the changing table or wherever I am changing baby. not sure what else to do with them. I may use one early on as a blanket for baby when going out, but it will be cold after too long so something heavier will be needed.

doremi June 14th, 2012 05:42 PM

This is my absolute favorite blanket site for the soft fuzzy ones: My Blankee

We have a ton of flannel Carter's swaddle blankets that we saved from Josiah's birth. I also want to get a few Aedan +Anais muslin swaddle wraps before this baby comes.

LindseyE117 June 15th, 2012 03:16 PM

I used whatever is big enough to swaddle him in. He still loves to be swaddled but I think that is because they swaddled him really tight in NICU. I use cloth diapers for burp cloths.

I am going to go out and buy some sleep sacks today. I am terrified of him coming undone and suffocating himself.