JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Rough week ahead (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2539590-rough-week-ahead.html)

~Tanya~ June 15th, 2012 03:20 PM

Rough week ahead

I was 18 weeks 2 days pregnant last time & learned my cervix was not holding up- I was funneling & it was too late for them to try a cerclage so I was placed on strict hospital bedrest... A week later my precious Daniel was born sleeping.

I am going to be 18 weeks tomorrow & am scared senseless... I know this time I already have the cerclage in, but am so worried that my happy bubble is going to be burst when I go in for my anatomy scan on Thursday. I've been trying to not do too much even though the dr told me I could resume "normal" activity, I am just praying that Thursday will bring much different news than I had two years ago.

Belita June 15th, 2012 04:29 PM

Re: Rough week ahead

:hug: I can only begin to imagine how you must feel right now. You were in the "safe" period and had every expectation to hold your precious Daniel. I truly hope that everything will be just fine this week. :hug:

momof8lopez June 15th, 2012 05:17 PM

Praying that you get the most normal, best news possible. Im so sorry there will not be much anyone can say to take this anxiety away, just hoping that you dont make yourself sick over it.

LiamsMother June 15th, 2012 05:51 PM

I'm sorry. I've never had a second trimester loss but I don't feel "safe", I don't think I will until after the baby is born. It's hard not to be consumed with the worry of "what if", but what I try to tell myself is worrying about "what if" when everything preventative has been done, won't alter the outcome. I hope I'm not making things worse. Basically, you've done all you can, the odds are definitely in your favor. Focus on that. I do hope that you get wonderful news at your anatomy u/s. You don't deserve to have multiple excruciating losses in one lifetime. No one does.

~Tanya~ June 16th, 2012 05:06 AM

Thanks ladies!

The what if's are always the pits... Even though I believe I'm doing everything, I start to wonder if there's something else I could be doing, you know? After I lost Daniel, I chastised myself for not demanding that u/s at 16 weeks... Had I, they might have caught it in time. Now I wonder whether I should be demanding weekly checks?

I really feel that I will have my rainbow this time, but am still so scared to be 100% happy about the pregnancy *sigh* I guess that comes with the territory of PAL...

silverlife June 16th, 2012 07:53 AM

:hugs: I hope you get nothing but happy news at your ultrasound.

BeckyBozeman June 16th, 2012 12:17 PM

Hugs Tanya... I hope Thursday comes really quickly and that you get nothing but good, absolutely normal news! I'll certainly be thinking of you that day....

.:Shortcake:. June 16th, 2012 03:43 PM

:hug: Dear! Just want you to know your in my prayers!!!