JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   normal dose of progesterone. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2553930-normal-dose-progesterone.html)

audiesmommy July 26th, 2012 10:43 AM

normal dose of progesterone.

whats the normal dose of progesterone ? they have me on something called crinone ( progesterone gel 8 %) and it says is 90 mg a dose and im supposta do one dose at bedtime dose that sound right?.
my numbers where 7.8 then went up a little bit but she didnt tell me what they went up to. do i have a smaller dose because i dont need as much or is this normal.

.:Shortcake:. July 26th, 2012 11:31 AM

Re: normal dose of progesterone.

I'm not sure dear. I've only used progesterone suppositories and the pills but never the gel. What I would suggest if your worried about it call the doctor and see what they say. Maybe that's the right dosage for you or maybe they will want to increase it. :)

audiesmommy July 26th, 2012 11:37 AM

my insurance wants 600 dollors for it! so i got samples untill my doctor can fight them to get it coverd.

.:Shortcake:. July 26th, 2012 11:38 AM

My insurance doesn't cover them either but the pills were the cheapest so that's what I went with. :hug: I'm sorry! I hope the doctor can get them to cover it.

audiesmommy July 26th, 2012 11:45 AM

they said if need be they will find a way to get me something cheeper or keep giving me samples till i dont need it anymore.

*SamF* July 26th, 2012 12:05 PM

I used the crinone. I never had to buy it though my docotr gave me eneough samples.

audiesmommy July 26th, 2012 12:08 PM

didyou have it do it once or twice a day?

*SamF* July 26th, 2012 12:15 PM

crap! I'm trying to remember. I think I was doing it once a day.

LindseyE117 July 26th, 2012 02:15 PM

My insurance did not cover it at all. I was on the suppositories though at a high dose. I took 200mg once a day.

I paid $100 for 2 months worth.

Pitridge July 26th, 2012 02:25 PM

Sorry I am no help with this. I just wanted to say that I hope your doctor gives you enough until you don't need anymore, $600 is ridiculous.

Hopefulpinkangel July 26th, 2012 04:25 PM

I took the pills as well. Mine was 200mg twice a day but I believe that is because my progesterone was so low. The pills cost me $100 a month. If you are at all concerned by the dose I would just ask your doc.

audiesmommy July 26th, 2012 06:28 PM

so i just read what peole are saying about it i guess after week or so u get white sponge like stuff coming out and it can make u have pregnancy systems like crazy! ( witch would be fien with me knowing its working). they all say they have to "clean it out" this might sound stupid but how dose one "clean it out" lol

ohnicole July 27th, 2012 07:30 AM

I did the suppositories so I can't help with the dosing, but I'm so glad your doctor is working with you so you can get it cheaper. I can't believe how expensive it is!

martilynne July 27th, 2012 08:53 AM

Luckily I don't have to take it this pregnancy but with both Lilly and Jax I took 100 mg twice daily (orally).