JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Question for Mommies of Rainbow Babies 10/08 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2582089-question-for-mommies-rainbow-babies-10-08-a.html)

melissalaw October 8th, 2012 05:33 AM

Question for Mommies of Rainbow Babies 10/08

Is your LO easy to put to bed at night or hard? If you BF, do you usually put baby to bed by nursing him/her?

Jacob is easy to put to bed most of the time. I always have to nurse him to sleep though, I can never just put him down without nursing him.

ashj_1218 October 8th, 2012 06:26 AM

Re: Question for Mommies of Rainbow Babies 10/08

He is pretty easy....NOW. He didn't always used to be. But as it stands, I nurse him down and he goes to sleep on his own (he is awake after he nurses). My husband can put him down if I am out, with a cup of milk. But he won't sleep long (I guess he sorta sees it as a nap). But long enough for me to get home and nurse him down.

8miraclez October 8th, 2012 07:19 AM

I just stopped nursing Natalie so she now either falls asleep with me, or I can give her a sippy and she'll go to sleep. She is finally sleeping through the night.

melissalaw October 8th, 2012 08:22 AM

I know it is a beautiful day when your LO starts sleeping through the night. I will rejoice when that day comes.

markswife October 8th, 2012 09:31 AM

I feel so blessed. Natalie has slept through the night since she was about 12 weeks and she usually goes to bed with no trouble. On a rare occasion, we have to rock or read more stories before she will finally settle down but that might be once every two weeks. Usually we read one book and it's into bed.

humnck October 8th, 2012 09:39 AM

Reagan was so easy, at 5 weeks she was STTN and I can't remember when, but I was able to put her in her crib before she fell asleep and she would soothe herself to sleep without any crying! I think she was about 3 or 4 months old - I would read her a book, she would have a bottle, I would sing to her while rocking and then put her in her crib. Now, at 3.5 years old, she has her vitamins, brushes her teeth, has a book read to her, we sing to her while laying in her bed with her and then she wants us to "lay with her for 1 minute, 2 minutes, how about 5 minutes"...lol! I usually will lay with her for about 5 minutes and then I tell her goodnight and leave her room, which we now have to leave the door open to.

Addy is 14 weeks and STTN here and there, we have gotten at least 8 hours straight the past 3 nights, but she can't just be put down, she is so fidgety she needs us to help her calm down. Frankly, I worry a little bit about that, but I am hoping she will grow out of that! Most nights I will read her a book, give her her bottle and sometimes she will fall asleep while taking her bottle, which makes it easier because I just rock her for another 10 or so minutes to give the bottle time to digest and then she is down for the night, others I have to rock her more and walk around a bit with her.

~Laurie~ October 8th, 2012 11:07 AM

Chloe goes to sleep on her own. She gets a bottle before bed, but not in bed. I just kiss her goodnight, lay her down, pull up her blanket and leave. She mostly sleeps through the night, although she has the occasional rough night (maybe two or three a month), but overall she is good.

geogeek October 8th, 2012 12:07 PM

I swear Marsi is the easiest baby. It is the 3 Bs for her. Bath, Bottle of BM and then Bed. She has fallen asleep on her own in her crib for a long time and has slept through the night for a long time as well. I don't know when she will give up that last bottle.

martilynne October 8th, 2012 01:31 PM

Jax goes down really easily. We do bath, story time, song, bed. I nursed him to sleep until he was a little over a year old.