JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Am I setting myself up? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2583176-am-i-setting-myself-up.html)

8miraclez October 10th, 2012 03:39 PM

Am I setting myself up?

After the initial shock wore off, and I realized I am actually pregnant, I let myself get excited. My last pregnancy (my rainbow baby) I didn't even buy anything until 20 weeks. This time, I saw a sale for summer baby clothes, and it took everything I have to NOT buy something and I can only be a few weeks along.

I feel like I am setting myself up by feeling so optimistic. It's funny that I feel guilty for not worrying so much.

Kalynas_Mom October 10th, 2012 03:43 PM

Re: Am I setting myself up?

I don't think you should feel guilty no matter how you feel :) I think being optimistic is probably the absolute best attitude you can have!

mom2moose October 10th, 2012 06:35 PM

I wish you could enjoy this pregnancy worry free!! Maybe you should just try that? I'm hoping for you!!

martilynne October 10th, 2012 06:50 PM

I think it's great you are feeling optimistic! With Jax, I couldn't bring myself to buy anything until after 30 weeks. I am 22 weeks now and still haven't gotten one thing...

momof8lopez October 10th, 2012 07:08 PM

I did not buy anything until 20wks with my rainbow baby, and the same with my next pregnancy after her. With this one being my last pregnancy ever, I got over excited at finding out he was a boy and bought like 4 outfits at the 15wk gender scan. Once the excitement wore off, I freaked out I had done that. I have steadily been buying every since then.........I havent taken the tags off or washed them, but this is huge for me. Enjoy it, embrace it, and just plain love it! You deserve this!

stargatemommy October 10th, 2012 09:38 PM

I kind of feel the same way. I am not wanting to buy anything, but I am assuming that this pregnancy is good, I am not worried about loss at all. I feel like I should be less certain so I am not crushed if I miscarry.

stargatemommy October 10th, 2012 10:16 PM

Actually, I have bought 3 cloth diapers for Koala. I justify it by saying that I got them for my son to diaper his doll with. He really does love using them. :)

8miraclez October 11th, 2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargatemommy (Post 26637988)
Actually, I have bought 3 cloth diapers for Koala. I justify it by saying that I got them for my son to diaper his doll with. He really does love using them. :)

Too cute. I have been looking at preemie diaper patterns, but I'm even being optimistic that I won't need those either.

mspkids October 11th, 2012 06:11 AM

It's normal.

I didn't buy anything until 24 weeks with this one. I didn't want to jinx myself either. I didn't even start sewing for her until 28w and now I'm sewing like crazy to catch up.

melissalaw October 11th, 2012 06:49 AM

I think it is a good think that you are feeling optimistic, call it mother's intuition. I was the same way, not wanting to buy anything until I was very far along. I wish we could all experience pregnancy worry free. And don't feel guilty about not worrying. Worrying is not good for anyone and I think it is great that you are not worrying.