JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Dads and Diapers (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2585471-dads-and-diapers.html)

melissalaw October 17th, 2012 06:56 AM

Dads and Diapers

For Mommies: Will daddy help with changing the diapers or does he want you to change all of the diapers?

for Pregnant Ladies: Do you think your baby's daddy will help with the diaper changing or want you to change all the diapers?

My DH will change Jacob's diaper but most of the time I have to ask him to do it. The only time he does it without being asked is when he gets Jacob up in the mornings and Jacob's diaper is about to explode.

mspkids October 17th, 2012 07:48 AM

Re: Dads and Diapers

Dh is good about changing diapers once they are at least 8w old. He thinks they are too small for him before that. (Mind you my smallest has been 7lbs 4 ounces. No clue what he would have done if they were smaller)..

I do have to have a separate cloth stash for him and have them prepped and ready to go. He doesn't wash them either.

shen7 October 17th, 2012 08:38 AM

DH does everything :wub: he doesn't always change as frequently as I do but he is happy to do it and happy to use cloth, he is really good at snappiing a prefold on a newborn. He will even do diaper laundry as long as I have instructions posted telling exactly how to do it :lol: He is a very hands on daddy!

LucilleTwo October 17th, 2012 09:54 AM

DH has always been good at diaper duty. He even has his fave cloth :) He's been awesome about changing the poop diapers during this pregnancy so I don't have to.

geogeek October 17th, 2012 10:34 AM

He is okay at it. I really don't care that he doesn't do it. He was a SAHD for several months and did tons of cloth diaper changes. He doesn't do the diaper laundry and I really don't care. I know I do laundry better than him and it means that I don't have to strip the diapers. If I ask him, he will do it. He helps me out a lot in other ways.

mspkids October 17th, 2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

I know I do laundry better than him and it means that I don't have to strip the diapers
Mine has tried 3 times when I was traveling. All three times, I spent 2 days stripping afterwards. The worst was when he put dryer sheets in with them even though line 7 of instructions said clearly not to.

Kalynas_Mom October 17th, 2012 04:10 PM

DH changed probably 3 of DD's diapers in the 3 years she was in them haha He hates it with a passion. I don't really care as long as he helps out with everything else

martilynne October 17th, 2012 08:10 PM

He has no problem changing diapers, even cloth. I'm the only one that washes diapers and I stuff all the pockets right away so they are ready to go.