JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   He's here! *update in post 13* (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2586919-hes-here-update-post-13-a.html)

1InSummerland October 21st, 2012 04:52 AM

He's here! *update in post 13*

Sorry, ladies. I know I haven't posted around here in a while. I've been popping in to read updates but have been doing so from my phone and I find it to be such a pain to post from my phone...

Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and give you all a HUGE update on me. My rainbow baby was born yesterday!

Jude Americo was born at 11:59 a.m. yesterday, weighing 7 lbs, 4.5 oz. and measuring 19 in. long. He is in the NICU for respiratory problems but is expected to be okay and if he isn't out of the NICU today, we should at least be able to hold him. We couldn't hold him yesterday because they didn't want him to be stressed any more than necessary and he was very comfortable chilling in his little crib in the NICU - although he takes after me about having things near his feet and keeps kicking off the blanket that they have wrapped around his. :D

ashj_1218 October 21st, 2012 08:22 AM

Re: He's here!

Huge congrats! I hope he is out of NICU soon and you can cuddle him whenever you want. :)

Belita October 21st, 2012 10:29 AM

:grats: I hope he's able to come out of the NICU soon!

LindseyE117 October 21st, 2012 10:48 AM

Congrats! Layne spent 2 weeks in the NICU with breathing issues. It'll go by quicker than you think. :hug:

LiamsMother October 21st, 2012 03:05 PM

Congratulations!

shen7 October 21st, 2012 05:00 PM

:grats: hope you can take him home soon!

1InSummerland October 22nd, 2012 05:06 AM

Thanks, ladies. Aside from a minor infection keeping him on antibiotics a little longer, he made great progress yesterday and we're hoping he will be moved from the NICU to the regular nursery this evening - but, of course, that depends on how comfortable his doctor feels with his current progress. He did finally get to eat last night and I was with him when his nurse gave him his first little taste of colostrum that I had pumped. She gave him a couple drops on his tongue - just enough to get a taste - and then he had the rest through his feeding tube.

melissalaw October 22nd, 2012 07:01 AM

Welcome to the world Jude!! I am sorry that he is in the NICU but sounds like he is doing great and should be out soon. I'm so glad that's he's here!!

Hopefulpinkangel October 22nd, 2012 08:18 AM

Congrats!! I hope his stay in the NICU is very quick!

humnck October 22nd, 2012 08:24 AM

Congrats!! Hope he is out of the NICU soon! Reagan, my first rainbow baby, was in the NICU for a couple of days because of meconium. Sounds like he is doing great, can't wait to see a pic:)

martilynne October 22nd, 2012 10:48 AM

:grats:

ohnicole October 22nd, 2012 01:54 PM

:grats: I hope he is out of the NICU soon!

1InSummerland October 24th, 2012 06:48 PM

Jude is off his feeding tube and IV and will be coming home soon! We are going to the hospital in the morning to arrange rooming in with him (3 consecutive feeds @ the hospital). After rooming in successfully, we will be able to bring him (and the excessive supply of pumped milk that I have stored in the PCN freezer) home. :-)

Belita October 24th, 2012 07:43 PM

Re: He's here! *update in post 13*

That's awesome!

melissalaw October 25th, 2012 09:08 AM

Re: He's here! *update in post 13*

Wonderful news. Can't wait to you get to bring your little guy home!!