JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Is it just me?? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2588830-just-me.html)

BeckyBozeman October 25th, 2012 08:15 PM

Is it just me??

For you ladies that are getting close to the end of your pregnancy or have your rainbow babies already - do you or did you find that the closer you get to the end the more afraid you get of something happening? Now that the end is in sight I'm getting more and more paranoid. I worry more on days that she's not as active. I'm having bad dreams again. I know that I have no reason to think that anything is wrong. This entire pregnancy has been completely complication free. So I know that my fears are irrational. But I find them growing. It's almost like I can't quite believe that I might really get to take her home with me.

Belita October 25th, 2012 09:36 PM

I hit full-term on Sunday and I started getting those fears about a month ago. I'm able to push them out of my mind, but I am so afraid of something happening. I'm glad I've already dilated to about 2cm and was about 50% effaced at my 36 week appt because it gives me hope that I won't go late, which also terrifies me.

It just feels too good to be true that I'll be holding my rainbow in my arms in less than a month.

bcogoli October 26th, 2012 04:51 AM

Re: Is it just me??

I know from experience it is very hard to focus on this baby without worring about what happened with past pregnancies. Loosing the twin on tuesday was my 3rd loss and im still so worried for this baby but im trying to focus on the fact that they are different children so this baby will be different.

My DS, my first baby, was a preemie and was still in the nicu after i left the hospital. My baby shower was a week after he was born. So after i was discharged i went home and set up all his stuff and bought the last few things we needed. Well 18 months later and im 2 weeks away from having my DD, she was full term, and my mom asked me if there was alot i still needed to get for her and i just looked at her and said " i will go shopping after im discharged from the hospital because that will still give me plenty of time before i have to bring her home" my mom laughed and said " no hunny this baby is coming home with you" i freaked out and spent that whole afternoon shopping. It never occured to me that i would bring her home with me.

It is so hard to not worry or to not plan according to past experiences. Just try to enjoy being pregnant and soon you will have a perfect baby to hold.

humnck October 26th, 2012 06:41 AM

I was the same way, Becky! I had a couple of days where Addy decided that she was super tired I guess and didn't move as much and she was a huge mover! I would do everything I could to get her moving, sugar, laying down, staying still, poking her, that usually worked and made me feel better! It is hard not to worry and once the babies are here, we have a whole new set of worries - it is called being a mommy:)

Totally normal, you are so close and I am so excited for you! Try to enjoy the last few weeks of the pregnancy, she will be here soon!

martilynne October 26th, 2012 03:24 PM

I don't think the worry ever ends...

Lindz253 October 26th, 2012 05:52 PM

Ditto, I don't see myself ever stop worrying. Good luck, I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly!!

Hopefulpinkangel October 27th, 2012 05:27 AM

Yes! The end was almost as bad as my worry in the beginning. :hug:

melissalaw October 29th, 2012 07:02 AM

I'm so sorry that you are worrying Becky. I had the same worry. I couldn't wait for Jacob to get here and to be holding in safe and sound in my arms. You've just got a few more weeks and your sweet baby girl will be here. I hope the last few weeks pass quickly for you and I can't wait for you to have her!!