JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   for those with dopplers (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2606101-for-those-dopplers.html)

8miraclez December 17th, 2012 01:39 AM

for those with dopplers

Can you easily find the heart beat? I swear I could with my last baby but this one hides so well that it takes me an hour to find it and as soon as I find it, it's gone again. I hear myself really well all over the place. Grrrr.... It keeps making me worry.

missy123 December 17th, 2012 03:00 AM

Re: for those with dopplers

Rebecca - Have you had an ultrasound lately? Could your placenta be in front which is why you can't find the Hb? Can you feel movement? I would call the doctor in the morning just to chat with them.
Love you!!

melissalaw December 17th, 2012 06:01 AM

Missy might be right. I remember a girl in my DDC with a placenta in the front and she had a terrible time finding the heartbeat.

bcogoli December 17th, 2012 06:24 AM

I dont have a doppler but i know a few ladies in my DDC who could not pick it up on the doppler until 16 weeks or so.

mspkids December 17th, 2012 06:40 AM

It took me a while (I think around 14w) before I could find it quickly. Before that it took some patience to find it. My placenta was up high and in the front which is what I blamed for it..

kaylakay December 17th, 2012 07:53 AM

I used one with my daughter... I had a placenta in front so sometimes it took me forever too. I used to FREAK. Haha. I would get so sad and frustrated my husband would have to come over and try. Call your doc.

humnck December 17th, 2012 09:39 AM

It could be, like the other ladies have mentioned, the location of the placenta, but it could also be the location of the baby, where the baby implanted or how it is positioned. Quite a few of the ladies in my DDC had that issue, if you try drinking cold water, then looking for the hb, you might have a better time, or having some sugar if you can. That used to help me.

ashj_1218 December 17th, 2012 01:00 PM

Mine still takes a while (not an hour!). My placenta is in the front and baby loves to hide behind it. I can even hear the "burbling" noise of her running from me. I generally have to settle for just a small snippet of her heartbeat, enough for me to know she is in there. I never get an accurate beat count or even have the ten seconds to try to get one. But they manage at the docs office, so I am not too worried. I am sure yours is the same type thing, baby liking to run or hide in various locations.

8miraclez December 18th, 2012 07:17 AM

I haven't had an u/s since 10wks so I'm not sure where the placenta is. I can hear the baby moving around and eventually I pick up the heartbeat for about 3 seconds. I think I feel the baby but then I don't know. With Natalie I was feeling her by now. I'm sure the placenta is in front. I have an u/s Monday so I'll find out then.

stargatemommy December 18th, 2012 08:19 AM

Every pregnancy is different. I didn't hear it via doppler until 17 weeks with Pete (and that as at the midwives office!) this time I caught it at 11 weeks.