JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Thursday Takeaway (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2634645-thursday-takeaway.html)

melissalaw March 14th, 2013 06:12 AM

Thursday Takeaway

Do you often eat fast food? Or eat out at restaurants? How many nights out of a week do you cook at home? What's your favorite place to go to grab something to eat?

We rarely eat fast food. Sometimes when DH takes Jackson to get his haircut they will stop and pick something up for lunch on their way home, however, I usually don't eat the fast food. I would rather have a sandwich or something I make at home. usually on Saturday we will go out to a restaurant to eat. I will usually cook on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and then Thursday is our leftover night and Friday nights we grill out so DH usually does that. On Saturday or Sunday I will usually make a big pot of soup or chili that we will eat that day and then take for lunch during the week.

I don't really have a favorite fast food restaurant but Jackson love Wendy's Hamburgers and fries.

humnck March 14th, 2013 11:29 AM

Re: Thursday Takeaway

I started to write this earlier, but I am at work and got busy:)

We eat out maybe a couple of times a week, but usually less. If we do, it's Chinese or from a pizza place, but I usually get a sandwich or salad. I will eat fast food maybe once every other week for lunch at work, because it's cheap and quick. If I do, sometimes I get a "fast food" salad - yeah, what's that...lol! But, fries are my vice, so I usually end up having those once a week or so:) Not good for a diet!

My favorite place to go is this place called PureBread, they make sandwiches, soup, salads. They have the best salad, it's roasted veggies (zucchini, squash, red peppers), with goat cheese and balsamic vinaigrette and this amazing sandwich that has chicken, avocado, lettuce, tomato and a chipotle mayo. I also just discovered a mushroom bisque this week:) That is my go to place for lunch mostly, if I need a quick bite while I'm working. Otherwise, I love going to a Mexican restaurant!

MeggysMommy March 14th, 2013 07:22 PM

We eat too many lunches out and sometimes dinners. I'm really bad about it. Megan loves going and getting chicken nuggets and fries from wherever we end up at.

Happy Song March 19th, 2013 01:54 AM

We are very poor so we never eat out. We eat Sam's club once a month when we drive the hour there for groceries. Other than that we always eat at McDonald's. They have the only play place going.

That said I have picked up McDonald's like three times while out alone since I have been pregnant.

Another thing I like to do is buy a sandwich while at Wal-Mart