JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Update & NT scan today (x-posted) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2636073-update-and-nt-scan-today-x-posted.html)

L-SBB March 19th, 2013 12:17 PM

Update & NT scan today (x-posted)

This entire morning was appts! First one was with the high risk OB for the NT scan and more general consult about the SCH - it went perfectly! Baby continues to look great, measuring ahead at 13w5d and the NT measurement was a very normal 1.2 so, honestly, it couldn't have gone better despite my nerves :p

OB appt also went fine, she's decided to have me come off bedrest more slowly so is not certifying me to return to work until Monday but otherwise was very reassured by the peri's assessment from the L2 scan because while the bleed is still hanging around (and I continue to bleed daily :() he saw no clots near the placenta and that was the real risk they were concerned about.

I go back to see peri again in just shy of 3 weeks for another scan. I'll see OB for another follow up in exactly 3 weeks...but so far so good, and I think we'll probably tell Savannah & announce more generally after this next scan :smile:

Here's a pic of our lil bitty one :wub:- baby definitely wasn't cooperating (they struggled to get some of the measurements) so no one even took a guess at boy/girl and no angle of the dangle shot either.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/o...can3-19-13.jpg

humnck March 19th, 2013 01:03 PM

Re: Update & NT scan today (x-posted)

Great news! Love the pic :)

sandel07 March 19th, 2013 02:51 PM

Great News!! Very Happy for you!

Happy Song March 19th, 2013 05:10 PM

:congrats: on a good appointment.

momof8lopez March 19th, 2013 06:04 PM

What a fantastic update! Your little miracle is getting so big! Im soooo happy for you.

shen7 March 19th, 2013 07:25 PM

Yay that is so awesome!!!! :excited: with my SCH with M, I was bleeding until 16-17 weeks or so... it can take awhile. But hers was also not interfering with the placenta so it never affected her at all, but was still a big scary pain in the butt for me :P so I know how it is!! Hope yours clears up for good asap so you can stop dealing with it!

MeggysMommy March 19th, 2013 07:30 PM

Yay for great news!!

Hopefulpinkangel March 20th, 2013 04:41 AM

Great news!

melissalaw March 20th, 2013 05:30 AM

Lara I'm so happy for you!!! Sounds like baby is doing great. Please let us know how your next scan goes.

Pitridge March 20th, 2013 08:53 AM

Love the picture! You know how happy I am for you, I can't wait to know what it is, are you going to find out? I think it's a boy. I can't wait to hear what Savannah thinks about having a little brother or sister, are you showing yet? Why do we have yo live so far away?

EverydayJoy March 20th, 2013 09:47 AM

Aw congrats on good news Lara! I bet you are excited and nervous! I hope for good things for you and your little one. Lookin' good! :)

L-SBB March 20th, 2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitridge (Post 27212252)
Love the picture! You know how happy I am for you, I can't wait to know what it is, are you going to find out? I think it's a boy. I can't wait to hear what Savannah thinks about having a little brother or sister, are you showing yet? Why do we have yo live so far away?

I know - we should live down the street from each other! We originally wanted to go team green...but Savannah wants a *sister* so badly that we've decided to find out (hopefully in less than 3 weeks at next peri appt, assuming baby cooperates) because if its a boy I want to give her time to warm up to the idea rather than spend months hoping for a sister and then being disappointed (3 year olds handle disappointment poorly :rolleyes:)

I'm still in reg clothes but showing a little...not enough anyone would guess pregnant vs wow Lara really went to town on Valentine's chocolate lol