JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Update on me...Ella Rebecca is here updated in post 9 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2636754-update-me-ella-rebecca-here-updated-post-9-a.html)

sandel07 March 21st, 2013 02:42 PM

Update on me...Ella Rebecca is here updated in post 9

Well first off I can not believe I am here 39 weeks 3 days pregnant with my rainbow baby. To say it has been a rollercoaster is an understatement. I had 2 perfectly normal/uneventful pregnancies in my mid to late 20's followed by 6 unexplained miscarriages. After the sixth loss I decided I had had enough I was done and was going to be happy being a mom to 2 boys. Then surprise I found myself pregnant for the 9th time, I had some light bleeding so of course I assumed it was the start to loss number 7. I even convinced myself I didnt want to have the baby-I think it was just a coping mechanism in case I did lose it. I found the bleeding was due to a SCH, which didnt bleed itself out until I was 16 weeks. I still wasnt convinced it was really going to happen until I was over 20 weeks. At the 20 week ultrasound they noticed a possible issue with the baby's kidney development which has been monitored and found not to be an issue. Then at 28 weeks I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes, which I managed to control well with diet. Over the last 3 weeks I have had a few non stress test to monitor the baby's heart rate as it had been on the very low end of normal....After all of this I am 4 days from my due date and if I do not go into labor on my own I will be induced on Monday at 40 weeks....

I know this is a rambling update, Just wanted to share a story that may give some others some hope for pregnancy after recurrent loss.

EverydayJoy March 21st, 2013 10:08 PM

Re: Update on me...

Thank you for sharing! I'm happy for you that you are almost to the end of this pregnancy, and will soon be holding your rainbow baby in your arms!

suzy4gt March 22nd, 2013 07:20 AM

Thank you for sharing! So close to holding your miracle!

momof8lopez March 22nd, 2013 08:18 AM

My 1.5yr old have very low end of normal nst's at the end too. I had to get a couple of BPP done on her. Her heart rate at the end was ALWAYS in the 110 to 115's. She did have high increases during activity, but this was her base line, even in labor....it would go to 100 alot of the time and they did not worry, but I sure as heck did, lol.

You have had a long road for sure, this baby will most likely test your patience forever! Cant wait to see pics of your little one soon!

melissalaw March 22nd, 2013 11:29 AM

So happy for you. Can't believe that you are so close. Please make sure you post some pics of your rainbow baby!!

lelila March 22nd, 2013 01:24 PM

Just stopping by - I used to post here earlier in the year. Sandy, I'm so happy for you! I wish you the healthiest and happiest of deliveries!

Thank you for sharing your story. You give me hope! When you get a spare second, post your birth story!

humnck March 22nd, 2013 01:41 PM

Awesome! I am so glad you are doing well (relatively:) ). I can't wait to hear about the birth story, just a few short days away. Good luck and I will send them now, ELVs :)

TnPhotoMama81 March 22nd, 2013 06:20 PM

I am so glad you have made it so far! I hope you have a very safe delivery and can't wait to see pics :)

sandel07 April 1st, 2013 05:54 PM

Re: Update on me...Ella Rebecca is here updated in post 9

Around 4 am on Mar 22nd I woke up thinking...that might have been a contraction, then several minutes later a felt another one and decided to get up to time them. Initially they were 6-10 minutes apart. Then around 8am they were becoming more intense and regular so I called the doctors office and they told to head to the hospital (45 minutes away). I continued to time the contractions which were then consistently 6 minutes apart. We arrived at the hospital/admitted around 9:30 am. The nurse checked me and I was dialated to 5 cm. She called anesthesiologist for my epidural it took about 30 minutes for him to arrive, shortly after the epidural kicked in the nurse checked me again and I was dialated to 7, then 9 before noon. Things seemed to slow down a bit but after just 10 minutes of pushing my baby girl was placed on my chest....I still remember looking at her in disbelief. I just couldnt wrap my head around the fact that she was finally here....our miracle baby.
Ella Rebecca arrived March 22nd at 2:39 pm weighing 8lb 10 oz and 21 inches long. She is absolutely an amazing addition to our family.

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7821554a.jpg
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/...ps03cd7544.jpg

EverydayJoy April 1st, 2013 06:08 PM

Congratulations!!!! So awesome! I bet you are just on cloud 9, holding your rainbow baby. Great news!

L-SBB April 1st, 2013 07:30 PM

Oh congrats Sandy she's just beautiful!! I'm glad your labor wasn't too bad either...how are your sons enjoying their baby sister?

momof8lopez April 1st, 2013 09:16 PM

OMG, she is just GORGEOUS! Super congrats Sandy, enjoy all of this, you certainly deserve every last, sweet, little baby breath that she shed's on you:smile: Great job!

bcogoli April 2nd, 2013 05:05 AM

So beautifull!!! Im so happy for you!

melissalaw April 2nd, 2013 05:50 AM

Congratulations!! she is so beautiful and what a beautiful name.

suzy4gt April 2nd, 2013 07:53 AM

She is absolutely beautiful, congratulations. Praise God for such an amazing blessing!

humnck April 2nd, 2013 10:34 AM

What a beautiful baby! Congratulations, I am so happy for you!

missy123 April 6th, 2013 05:08 PM

Oh Sandy - she is just perfect... Congratulations!!! And get used to that feeling - Scarlett is 1 year 4 months and I still look at her and can't believe she is mine!