JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Pre-labor (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2648704-pre-labor.html)

EverydayJoy May 6th, 2013 10:13 PM

Pre-labor

Heya ladies! I've been keeping in touch with my doula, who says I am in prelabor. Have been since yesterday evening. Just getting strong tightening of the belly and downward pressure from baby during each contraction. Not really painful at this point, sometimes uncomfortable. But it's encouraging that it's been going on for over 24 hours! I hope this is the real deal and that these things get stronger!

kaylakay May 6th, 2013 10:43 PM

Re: Pre-labor

It sounds like how my "pre labor" was!

Come on, baby!

bcogoli May 7th, 2013 03:48 AM

Go kody!!! We cant wait to hear all about your arrival! Be nice to mommy.
Good luck Joy!

melissalaw May 7th, 2013 06:47 AM

Sending lots of ELV's!! Has he turned or is he still breach?

momof8lopez May 7th, 2013 06:51 AM

Lots of ELV's to you, cant wait for your update! Are they going to check you today?

humnck May 7th, 2013 07:51 AM

Eeek, I was coming on here to see if you had progressed yet! So exciting!

EverydayJoy May 7th, 2013 08:17 AM

Sorry ladies, but no news this morning! I slept all night just fine and this morning, other than feeling a little bit beat up, I haven't felt any real contractions. But I'm going to be trying to help get things going as best I can! I have a NST today at 10am (pacific time). Was hoping I wouldn't have to go!
Hopefully after all this prelabor this baby boy will just fall out when it's time for him to come, lol!

PS Melissa, he has turned, he's in the right position now with head down and engaged in the pelvis, and facing my back like he's supposed to.

Brittanie May 7th, 2013 10:22 AM

Good that he's in the right position! Yay! Hopefully it turns into the real deal soon!

EverydayJoy May 7th, 2013 07:48 PM

No news...don't think he's coming today.

melissalaw May 8th, 2013 06:11 AM

So glad that he's in the right position. Maybe the 8th will be his day. Sending lot of prayers and good thoughts for you and Kody. Let us know how your doing.

EverydayJoy May 8th, 2013 09:48 AM

Thanks, Melissa! I'll keep you posted. Right now I'm just frustrated to be sitting at home with no baby yet. I guess it makes me nervous that he's waiting...I feel like, since he's fully formed, and healthy, I want to hold him!

L-SBB May 8th, 2013 09:52 AM

how exciting Joy...you've def been patient enough, c'mon lil guy and meet your mommy!!!

humnck May 8th, 2013 11:22 AM

I hope he decides to come soon! I was overdue with both girls, one was 6 days past and the other was 5, so I know how frustrating it can be, come on baby!!

melissalaw May 8th, 2013 11:42 AM

I understand your frustration. Come of little guy, it's time to make your arrival!!

EverydayJoy May 8th, 2013 07:18 PM

Thanks ladies! Hopefully it will be soon!

melissalaw May 9th, 2013 05:46 AM

How are you feeling today?

EverydayJoy May 9th, 2013 09:06 AM

Same as yesterday...and the day before...and the day before. :smackshead:
Oh well! I told DH that if I don't go by my appointment tomorrow afternoon, I'm getting my membranes stripped. He's been discouraging me from it, I think because he's not exactly sure what all it entails, and is nervous about the risks. But I'm too tired to keep going like this!

melissalaw May 9th, 2013 11:02 AM

I agree I would get your membranes stripped also. Good Luck.. Let us know how it goes.

humnck May 9th, 2013 11:40 AM

Good luck, I got my membranes stripped with Addy...three times, ugh! It is not as bad as I thought it would be. Good luck!!