JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Men don't have a clue (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2649271-men-dont-have-clue.html)

melissalaw May 9th, 2013 05:52 AM

Men don't have a clue

I just had to share this with you ladies because I know you all will understand my frustration with DH. Let me preface this with the fact that DH has a college degree in mechanical engineering and works as a production engineer so he is a pretty smart guy.

We recently started TTC again and on Tuesday I got a positive OPK so we BD on Tuesday and I wanted to BD last night. DH was really tired and was having some performance issues (don't tell him I said so..lol) So I told him that we really needed to BD tonight because our time to get pregnant was right now. And he said what are you starting your period tomorrow..lol. Men have no idea what we as women go through to get pregnant. Taking our temperature every morning and POAS!! I got frustrated with DH at first but then I just had to laugh because he will never understand what it takes to get pregnant. I think he just believes that we BD and we magically get pregnant. Thankfully things were working this morning and we were able to BD so now the dreaded TWW.

Did you or do you share what all it takes to get pregnant with your DH?

EverydayJoy May 9th, 2013 09:04 AM

Re: Men don't have a clue

That's pretty funny. Sounds like he thinks your window of opportunity magically just stays open until you get your period. :P Goof!
I know my DH was amazed at all the stuff there was to learn about TTC when the time came for it last summer. I learned a lot myself, but still, I had a pretty good idea of how it worked prior to that! lol.

mommy-of-one May 9th, 2013 10:04 AM

I have never TTC, all of mine, losses and all, were oopses...

I do feel for anyone that has ever TTC, I did a lot of research on it before I got my last IUD put in, bc of the fear of second chance infertility. It takes a lot of dedication and strength from what I can tell. I don't think my patience and anxiety levels could handle it to be honest... Poor guy, so clueless!!! LOL

humnck May 9th, 2013 11:43 AM

LOL, too funny! When I went to my doc before we started TTC from the beginning, I passed any and all info on to him about what she said we had to do, etc. I knew much of the info, but because I had been to the doc, I mostly made it sound like "doctor's orders"...hehe!

Men really can be clueless :)

melissalaw May 9th, 2013 12:18 PM

I think DH thinks we can just get pregnant any time of the month as long as I am not on my period. He has no idea how hard it actually is.

geogeek May 9th, 2013 02:08 PM

Wow...That is hilarious! Since DH and I use FAM for BC he pretty much had to know everything about how women get pregnant so that we could do the opposite. He just got the low down on what a LP was this lat little while because of mine increasing in length.

kaylakay May 9th, 2013 06:03 PM

Im sorry! Men are clueless. Hahaha.