JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   New here (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2650711-new-here.html)

Ame C May 15th, 2013 09:42 AM

New here

Hello :waves: I hope you ladies don't mind if I join in. I got my BFP April 29th and have been hanging around my new ddc but quickly realizing that I'm much too sensitive now a days and get emotional very easily. I recognize quite a few of you already and know y'all have kind hearts, so I feel this is probably where I belong. I have my first sonogram on the 20th and is seems like time is dragging so bad, I'm oh-so very impatient.

I look forward to getting to know you ladies here :smile:

humnck May 15th, 2013 10:11 AM

Re: New here

Welcome! I am so glad you found your way here! This is a great group of ladies, with a wide array of knowledge and there is pretty much at least one lady who has been through anything you can think of. Please feel free to jump right in with questions, concerns, vents, etc!

Can't wait to hear about your u/s...the waiting is the worst!!

geogeek May 15th, 2013 10:12 AM

Welcome! These ladies made me sane through my pregnancy with Marsi.

melissalaw May 15th, 2013 12:15 PM

Welcome!! So glad you are here. I recognize you from the supportive moms group!! I hate how slow time goes when your pregnant. Hopefully the next few days will fly by for you and the 20th will be here before you know it.

this is such a great group of women. I don't think I could have made it through my last pregnancy without their support.

Ame C May 15th, 2013 06:13 PM

Thanks ladies :p That's what I need.. someone/thing to help keep me sane!! I don't like the person I'm becoming, but I don't know how to pull myself out of this spiraling hole. I like to think it's just the pregnancy hormones but I think this cold, cruel world has finally beaten me down to the point where I can't "play nice" anymore. I was so good at biting my tongue before, but now when I have something to say it all seems to just pour out before I can figure out a friendly way to say it. Lol, what a wonderful intro "Hey everyone I'm new and a jerk." :sneak:

No but seriously, those of you who were *very* hormonal during your pregnancies, does it last the whole 9 months or will I be back to my chipper happy self in a month or two? I wasn't like this my last pregnancy so I don't know what to expect as far as the mood swings go. Is there hope? Or should DH just steer clear of me until delivery day? ;)

melissalaw May 16th, 2013 07:04 AM

I would have good days and bad days during my last pregnancy which was totally different than my first pregnancy. During my first pregnancy it never even crossed my mind that I might lose Jackson or have a miscarriage and with my pregnancy with Jacob which was after my miscarriage I was scared most of my pregnancy. Hopefully it will get easier for you. I know for me I bought a doppler and was able to start listening to Jacob's heartbeat around 12 weeks and that helped to calm my fears alot.

Sorry your feeling hormonal. Hopefully after your ultrasound you will feel a little bit better.

doremi May 17th, 2013 01:18 AM

SO thrilled to hear you are expecting again! Congratulations! Wishing you a HH 9 months!

TnPhotoMama81 May 18th, 2013 09:48 AM

Congrats on your pregnancy :) It's so hard to wait for that first ultrasound!

EverydayJoy May 18th, 2013 01:27 PM

I have been a major B at times during my pregnancy with Kody, so I totally understand that. I think too that the worries and anxiety of PAL adds to that, because you're wound up so tight worrying about this new little life, and that doesn't leave much room for patience or a sense of humor with your husband. So it's easy to lash out because you feel miserable sometimes. What helped me was to have a heart to heart with my DH and tell him what my fears were, even if I thought he might think they were stupid or silly. I don't know how your DH might respond to that, but mine was understanding and didn't belittle me for my worries. He said he could see how afraid I was and wished I would let him help share the burden. That made me feel so much better and (for a few days at least, lol) I was a much nicer person to be around.

Good luck girl!