JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   I feel human again! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2653637-i-feel-human-again.html)

Ame C May 26th, 2013 10:01 PM

I feel human again!

I posted not too long ago about how my hormones were getting the best of me, or worst of me.. however the proper way of saying that is. I think that emotional storm has passed because ever since my first Dr appointment I haven't been acting like a b**ch anymore. I'm pretty much back to normal. I really do think it was a shift in hormones because now that the crankiness and anger are gone, the nausea is hitting REALLY hard. I can hardly keep anything down which is pretty horrible, but I take it as a really good sign for baby. Realistically, I think I have another 6-8 weeks of hardcore morning sickness but I can live with that. I couldn't live with "Angry Amy" so I'm really glad she's gone!! :blush:

EverydayJoy May 27th, 2013 12:34 AM

Re: I feel human again!

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better! It's hard when those danged hormones hit you, for me it's like I lost my "filter" on my mouth when that happened. Everything just came out, good bad and ugly. I'm glad that's not the case anymore for you, it's a hard place to be in! Hope the m/s goes easy on you!

melissalaw May 28th, 2013 07:48 AM

So happy that you are doing better Amy. I remember that terrible morning sickness and how happy I was go have it. It reassured me every time I puked that my little one was doing okay in there. I hope it doesn't get too bad for you. Did you dr give you any anti nausea medication for the morning sickness?

humnck May 28th, 2013 01:49 PM

Welcome back ;)

I hope the m/s doesn't last that long, but maybe you can try Vitamin B6 (Bnatals was the brand I took) and half of a Unisom - this is what my doc told me to take and I swear it worked! I would consult your doc first obviously, but it's worth a shot. If you like the more natural remedies, ginger or peppermint are good for nausea as well.

Ame C May 28th, 2013 05:41 PM

I completely forgot about peppermint! I've heard wonderful things about fresh ginger and m/s but it doesn't seem to work for me, or I should say it didn't help much in the past. I should give it another go.

At my first Dr appointment, my Dr asked if I needed any anti nausea medication but at that point I wasn't getting sick all day everyday so I turned it down. I *try* not to take any medications while pregnant and DH is a very protective daddy as well. He didn't even like when I had to eat a TUMS or 2 during my last pregnancy for heartburn. I'm trying my best to cope with these symptoms without medications. I keep chugging down the water and eating as often as I can (the appetite is still here), but not much stays down. My scale says I've lost 5 lbs in 1 week but all my clothes are still fitting the same so I'm not really sure if that's accurate or not. I imagine it has to be but I think it must all be water weight. I was able to keep down my prenatal vitamins yesterday because I took them right before bed. I think I'm going to keep taking them before bed and see if that helps. I feel guilty that I haven't been able to keep the vitamins down for a week!

melissalaw May 29th, 2013 06:51 AM

Amy I was the same way and wouldn't take anything other than my prenatals. I just suffered through it. glad you found a way to keep those prenatals down. don't feel guilty about missing a few days, just keep taking them at night when you can keep them down.