JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   tuesday Treats (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2659541-tuesday-treats.html)

melissalaw June 18th, 2013 08:20 AM

tuesday Treats

What is your favorite treat?

If you've got kids what are their favorite treats?

I love sweet cream ice cream from Marble Slab Creamery with some chocolate chip cookie dough mixed in.

My kids don't get sweets that often but Jackson's favorite is ice cream. Jacob doesn't seem to like ice cream. I think it's the cold that he doesn't like. Jacob's favorite seems to be graham crackers which I love also.

humnck June 18th, 2013 09:58 AM

Re: tuesday Treats

My favorite is mint chocolate chip milk shakes :) Oh, and I had a strawberry colada Misto (it was strawberry colada italian ice mixed with vanilla custard) from Rita's that might be a close 2nd!!

Reagan loves anything sweet, she has a big sweet tooth, but I limit what she has. Her favorite would probably be cherry italian ice.

Addy loves ice cream as well, but has only had a tiny bit - she likes any flavor you put in her mouth...lol!

Ame C June 18th, 2013 01:48 PM

When I read this question all I can think about is coffee!!! I completely cut caffeine out of my diet and haven't picked up any decaf coffee yet. I dream about it... I can even smell it as I type this (haha delusional me :wacko: )

If I ignore my pregnancy brain and think to what my *real* favorite treats are, it would be M&M's or rice crispy treats. I don't buy that stuff at all because I can cause some serious damage if those are in the house.

melissalaw June 19th, 2013 08:41 AM

I love the smell of coffee. It is my favorite smell in the world.

humnck June 19th, 2013 09:18 AM

Coffee with my last pregnancy made me sick, even just to smell it, but only in the beginning.

Just a caution about decaf if you don't already know this :) Check the decaf process, some decaf goes through a lot of chemicals to pull the caffeine out of the coffee bean. There is a swedish "natural" process that doesn't though. If you use a Keurig, the decaf green mountain is "safe" - if I remember correctly. I did half caff so that I had some caffeine. And only had a very small cup anyways.

EverydayJoy June 19th, 2013 10:23 AM

Hmm...favorite treat would have to be dark chocolate. Yesterday I was thinking about making that dessert...can't remember what it's called...but you put the ingredients in the baking dish (flour, sugar, cocoa, etc) and then you pour hot water over it and it sort of makes a chocolate gravy, hehe. Then you serve it warm over ice cream. Mmm.

Ethan has a real sweet tooth. He likes popsicles, ice cream, candy, soda, you name it. But he rarely gets any of the above. So he just has to wait for the times I feel like giving in to his desires ;)

melissalaw June 19th, 2013 10:35 AM

Your chocolate gravy sounds awesome Joy.

My DH loves dark chocolate. Anytime I want to get him a treat I will pick up some dark chocolate.

EverydayJoy June 19th, 2013 11:18 AM

Just good ol' Betty Crocker, Melissa. :)