JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Joy (Everydayjoy) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2660367-joy-everydayjoy.html)

melissalaw June 21st, 2013 10:14 AM

Joy (Everydayjoy)

Joy just wondered how Kody was doing? I haven't seen an update on his lately. Hope you guys are getting some sleep.

EverydayJoy June 21st, 2013 06:40 PM

Re: Joy (Everydayjoy)

Hey thanks Melissa. He just got put on reflux medication, because he seemed really fussy for eating and just fussy in general. The meds seem to be helping, because he's nursing so much more peacefully now. Before he'd cry every time I'd take it out and cry harder the more I tried to get him to latch on. Now he just takes it like a champ. So I'm glad about that.
He also just caught his big brother's cold. Woke up this morning and he had a fever, and had been coughing in the night but I didn't put two and two together until I realized he had a fever. Also sneezing a lot. Took him to the doc just in case and they told me what to look out for (high fever, difficulty breathing). I hope it passes soon so he can sleep better and feel more himself. Ethan is still stuffed up and coughing too. Hate it when kids are sick! I am dreading needing to do the nasal aspirator on Kody because I know how much babies hate that and how stuffed noses make nursing tough for them.

Ame C June 22nd, 2013 04:27 PM

Aww, your poor sweet boys! I hope everyone is in tip-top shape very soon. The sickies are just no fun :(

I wouldn't worry too much about using the nasal aspirator. I mean, if it helps suck the icky out it might be worth a few tears. I hope your babies feel better! xxx

EverydayJoy June 23rd, 2013 01:23 PM

Thank you Ame! So far we have skated around Kody being super stuffed up. He's a little stuffy and I've aspirated a couple times but nothing major and for the most part he's nursing ok. Ethan is being a little pill at times because he still feels a little crappy but well enough to play and get into stuff! hah. Anyway I feel like things are going ok, except DH has no patience with the kids today! Oh well, we all need a nap!

melissalaw June 24th, 2013 08:59 AM

Joy I'm glad he's doing good and glad he is nursing better. It makes things so much easier when the nursing relationship gets easier between momma and baby.

One think I discovered with having two kids is that they seem to get sick alot more often. When Jackson was little he never got sick and now seems like Jackson will pick something up and no matter what I do to keep Jacob from getting it, he gets it anyway.

i hope both your little boys feel better soon. Makes for a much happier mommy and daddy.

EverydayJoy June 24th, 2013 10:42 AM

Melissa, yep seems like whenever illness strikes it's hard to keep the rest of the family from getting sick. I pretty well expected Kody to get it, but of course was hoping somehow he wouldn't. But I'm glad he's not too bad. Hopefully it will all pass soon and we'll be getting more sleep!

melissalaw July 5th, 2013 10:45 AM

Joy just checking in to see how everybody is doing? Is everybody finally well? Hows the sleep situation going at your house?

EverydayJoy July 6th, 2013 02:51 PM

Hey there! Sorry I forgot to post that we were gone camping! Just got back today. We're all feeling fine now.
Kody slept amazingly well in the tent--3 hour stretches all night for almost the whole time. I don't know if it was the fresh air or what but I hope it continues!

melissalaw July 8th, 2013 07:51 AM

That's great. I hope you had a great time camping.

EverydayJoy July 8th, 2013 10:58 AM

Yes we did, it was a lot of fun. My sister and her 3 kids were there, and my parents too. Ethan had so much fun playing with his cousins. They all went fishing, too, and my brother-in-law caught a fish for dinner. All in all it was a great time.