JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Rant (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2661291-rant.html)

EverydayJoy June 25th, 2013 07:58 AM

Rant

I am so tired of being tired! Kody is an absolutely horrible sleeper just like his big brother was. I am one of only two ladies out of our May PR that is not yet getting more than 2 hours sleep at a time. Everyone else gets 4, 5, 6+ hour chunks of sleep from their babies.
Last couple of nights Kody has gone from bad to worse for sleeping. I have no idea anymore what he wants or needs or why he is crying. He's out of control. He went to sleep for the night around 10pm, and I stayed up till 11 trying to unwind from a crazy day of him needing me 24/7. Then he woke up when I came to bed and it took an hour to get him back to sleep. He woke up every hour until 3:30 when he would not go back to sleep, so I was up with him until 4:30. Then he woke up at 5, 5:30, 6:30, and then at 7 Ethan woke up so we were up for the day. I don't know how I can function like this for long. If it was only Kody I could deal, because he sleeps so much during the day. But I have to be up for Ethan.

melissalaw June 25th, 2013 08:26 AM

Re: Rant

Joy have you got anybody that can come over during the day and help with Ethan so you can get some sleep? I went through the same thing with Jacob. he was a terrible sleeper and I thought I was going to die from lack of sleep but I was lucky Jackson goes to daycare so DH would take him to daycare everyday and atleast I didn't have to care for him also. I can't even imagine how hard it must be for you not getting any sleep plus having to take care of Ethan.

i really don't have any words of wisdom for you except that it will get better but I know those words are meaningless to you right now. Are you sleeping in the same room with Kody? Jacob is the lightest sleeper in the world so some nights when he wouldn't stay asleep I would put him to sleep in his swing in his room and he seemed to sleep a little bit better those night. I can remember rocking Jacob in the middle of the night and just praying for the little booger to go to sleep. I cried with him because I couldn't figure out what to do. All he wanted to do was nurse 24/7 but it did get better and he eventually started sleeping for longer periods of time.

I'm praying that Kody will give you a break and sleep a little bit tonight. I know you desperately need some sleep.

EverydayJoy June 25th, 2013 08:53 AM

No I don't really have anyone I can ask, and we can't afford daycare.
I could probably have my mom watch Ethan once in awhile but she works, and my sister does too so it's hard to ask them because they already have full lives.
I dreamed last night though that we did put Ethan in daycare...I would love that.

We just have 2 bedrooms so we'd have to put Kody to sleep in the bathroom, hah. Still, I'd rather have him at my bedside because no matter if he's someplace quiet or noisy he still sleeps in hour intervals. So if I have to get up I might as well have him at arm's reach. Seems like he's starting to trade sleeping at night for sleeping during the day. Wish I could keep him awake all day but I don't have the energy for that.

Thanks for the suggestions though, you never know what might help.

EverydayJoy June 25th, 2013 02:28 PM

My dear husband is so sweet! He called my mom and my sister and he arranged to have my mom ferry the kids over to my sis's where they will BOTH spend the night tonight. So I will get as many uninterrupted hours of sleep as I so desire. I am shocked and amazed and a little nervous for my sister, haha. I am so grateful for my family.

melissalaw June 26th, 2013 01:18 PM

That's awesome Joy!! I hope you get some sleep. I know you really need it.

EverydayJoy June 26th, 2013 02:19 PM

Yes I slept 11.5 hours! It was so lovely! I even treated myself to Red Robin last night. Yummers. Kids are back home now, but I feel refreshed.

melissalaw June 27th, 2013 05:53 AM

That's great!!