JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   18 weeks pregnant and starting to have signs of complication like I did with my last (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2667046-18-weeks-pregnant-and-starting-to-have-signs-complication-like-i-did-my-last.html)

megs_babe1986 July 21st, 2013 06:47 PM

18 weeks pregnant and starting to have signs of complication like I did with my last

Hello!

I am new here and had a complicated 3rd pregnancy which resulted in a premature birth at 31 weeks and loosing her at 5 weeks when she got NEC (intestinal infection). I actually got Placental insufficiency with her which resulted in IURG and severe preeclampsia... so I had her at 31 weeks which her weight was at 27 weeks gestation age with intestinal not fully develop.

With my first pregnancy I had gestational diabetes but other than that I was good... with my 2nd I had diabetes and my daughter was a small to date baby but was born healthy with no signs of preeclampsia or anything.

So I am 18 weeks pregnant with my 4th baby. Its been going so well till this last week when I started cramping/contracting a lot... I did the same thing with my 3rd baby around the same gestation pregnancy stage. Is it possible to get this again? Has anybody had this happened to them also?

TIA

Ame C July 21st, 2013 07:41 PM

Re: 18 weeks pregnant and starting to have signs of complication like I did with my l

Oh honey, I don't know the answer to your questions but I wanted to offer my thoughts and prayers. Praying for your little one very hard! I hope all is well. ((hugs)) KUP.

EverydayJoy July 21st, 2013 08:03 PM

Re: 18 weeks pregnant and starting to have signs of complication like I did with my l

I don't have any input because I didn't have that happen, but I wanted to say how sorry I am that you lost your precious baby. It must make you really scared with this pregnancy and having those symptoms. Have you called or talked to your OB about it? I would be in touch with them immediately with that going on, especially with your history.

Sunrise July 21st, 2013 08:21 PM

I'm so sorry you lost your little one.

With regard to the cramping- placental insufficiency itself doesn't cause cramping. Have you had ultrasounds to tell you if you have it again? Also remember that dehydration can cause cramping. It's so very hot these days- is it possible you may need more hydration?

I definitely recommend that you call your doctor. They should monitor your baby's growth and your placenta. If that doctor refuses, remember you have the right to get another one.
Lots of hugs your way. I'm sure you must be nervous with such a traumatic experience from your previous baby.

melissalaw July 22nd, 2013 06:01 AM

I'm so sorry that this is happening. I don't have any experience with it either but I agree definitely make sure that your hydrated and please call your dr and let them check you and baby out.

I'm praying for you and baby. Please let us know how you are doing.

megs_babe1986 July 22nd, 2013 08:00 AM

Thank you all! I did call and left my message to my doctor this morning... just waiting on a call back. Will keep you updated...

Empty arms July 24th, 2013 05:16 AM

I did have cramping that started @ 18w with my last pregnancy, and although they put me in medication from that day on, I am sure that had nothing to do with the outcome. It didn't hurt, and I really wasn't all that worried about it. I took the meds, stopped caffeine, and just went along..
Good luck to you! Feel better!

humnck July 24th, 2013 07:16 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. I agree, it could be dehydration. Make sure you are getting plenty of fluids and staying cool (if it isn't hot where you are, you can still get dehydrated). You should be drinking at least 80 - 96 oz of water (or roughly 3 litres) a day, no matter what.

HUGS, I hope your doc got back in touch with you, if not, you might consider going to the ER.

Sunrise July 30th, 2013 09:56 AM

Did I miss your update??