JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   My appointment was today... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2667290-my-appointment-today.html)

Ame C July 22nd, 2013 05:13 PM

My appointment was today...

I don't have a whole lot to report. My appointment went well. I lost 6lbs since my last appointment, so my Dr was pretty happy about that. If you remember, during my last appointment I had gained 5lbs already and my Dr was uber rude about it which caused me to get my feelings hurt. It didn't take much... just avoiding salt and foods with high sodium and cooking at home more instead of drive-thru's.

Anyways, baby's heart rate was 156-160. I wont get the results for the downs syndrome and spinabifida blood work until about a week but my blood pressure and so forth was good. I will for sure find out if baby is a boy or girl on AUG 19th!!!! Eeeeeeeeeee, 4 weeks is so close yet so far away :dreamy:

momof8lopez July 22nd, 2013 07:50 PM

Re: My appointment was today...

Sounds like a great appt! I don't know about the loosing 6lbs being so "great" though.....are you a heavier mama? In your pic, you look pretty average....even small? Don't let the doc get to you about weight gain, unless your obese. Im pretty average, small boned, and tend to gain about 55lbs in pregnancy....my high risk OB never even flinches an eye at it! Sometimes when I gain 4lbs in 1 or 2wk and have a mini freak out, he just smiles and says "YOUR PREGNANT"!!

EverydayJoy July 22nd, 2013 10:57 PM

I am glad your appointment went well!
Although I also would be a little leery of terming a 6 lb wait gain a good thing. You're supposed to put on weight when you're pregnant, lady! Don't you go starving yourself just to please some uncouth upstart of a doctor. ;)
Can't wait to hear whether you're having a girl or a boy!
:)

Ame C July 23rd, 2013 12:29 AM

According to my height and all that I'm actually considered obese :( I don't think I'm huge or anything like that but having that title "obese" labeled on me most of my life has given me image issues. Before I was pregnant I wore a size 14/16 jeans (depending on what brand). I haven't been trying to lose weight this past month but I have been more cautious of what I'm putting into my body, and only because my Dr got upset with me about the 5lb gain.

With Clyde I gained 35lbs and it all came off within 3 months. This pregnancy I think my dr mentioned he would like to see me only gain 20-25lbs. I doubt that will happen... I'm thinking about 30-35lbs again is probably what it will end up happening. I wish I had a nice female dr, but all the ones in my area that I have come across were rude. It just seems like a female would understand these things better than a man does.

AnnaBonana July 23rd, 2013 03:50 AM

So sorry to hear about the rude doctors! I've had my share of them too. Ugh. Drives me batty! I'm surprised that a 14/16 is 'obese'.

At any rate, congrats on a healthy baby appointment! So exciting!

melissalaw July 23rd, 2013 05:48 AM

Well your definitely not obese. I've seen obese and it's not you. Just try to focus on eating healthy and growing that sweet baby. You will gain weight but remember that it's what is best for the baby. I always put on a bit too much weight during my pregnancies and my dr has never said anything. I ask him because I'm concerned and he always tells me to remember that your pregnant your going to gain weight.

Sounds like a great appointment. Aug 19 will be here before you know it. i can't wait to see what you having. I'm guessing a boy but I have been known to be wrong a time or two..lol.

do you go back before Aug 19 or will that be your next appointment?

Ame C July 23rd, 2013 05:52 AM

Thank you.
I don't go back until Aug 19th, so that's my next appointment. My mom, DH, and several others are thinking girl. I don't know though, I think boy, but I of course I will be thrilled either way.

EverydayJoy July 23rd, 2013 08:59 AM

The annoying thing with titles like "obese" is that they don't take into account your bone structure or muscle mass. My husband falls under the "obese" heading even though he is tall and has a big bone structure. He could stand to lose maybe 30 lbs, but he is NOT obese (at least, in my opinion). I read online that about 20 years ago they changed the standards of what the cutoffs were for overweight and obese, and now a whole bunch more people fall in that category. Because then they can market diet products to you if you're in the overweight/obese category! Just like they lowered the cutoff for the bad cholesterol, and from what I hear, the cholesterol-lowering medications are the 2nd biggest selling medication out there.
I think it's stupid, mostly because BMI only takes into account age, weight, and height. Nothing about your frame or muscle is taken into account (muscle weighs more than fat). Some professional athletes fall under the title of obese because of it.
YOU'RE NOT OBESE!!! You look like you are a healthy weight for your body type. And 30-35 lbs is great. I was a little overweight starting out the pregnancy with Kody but still gained the same 35 lbs that I did with Ethan. It must be what my body needs, and don't you worry if you do that too.

Sunrise July 23rd, 2013 09:57 AM

Congrats on a good appt. continue staying healthy. Whatever that means in weight :)

humnck July 23rd, 2013 12:37 PM

Congrats on a great appointment! I can't wait to hear what you are having. I am guessing girl, probably means boy because I am 9 times out of 10, wrong...lol!

Try not to focus on the weight gain/loss. Focus on being healthy.

lelila July 23rd, 2013 12:45 PM

Hi Ame! I had to track you down to see how you are doing! I'm so excited for you and so happy you are having a good pregnancy! Congratulations! I am keeping you in my T&Ps for a healthy and happy term and delivery and looking forward to seeing your updates.

Be well!

Ame C July 23rd, 2013 08:00 PM

Thank you :D xxx