JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   levels at just 28. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2667423-levels-just-28-a.html)

JaeSung July 23rd, 2013 08:56 AM

levels at just 28.

I don't know if that's good, or not. Talked to a nurse, who wasn't very reassuring. She tells me that 28 can be from previous pregnancy. But it's been over a month. And I had to have miscarriage finished in the ER. They got everything. Wouldn't my levels have gone straight to zero immediately?

Now I have to go in to talk with someone. Have more blood drawn to see if number is going up.

I don't need this worry.

Please just let this be a new pregnancy.

melissalaw July 23rd, 2013 09:54 AM

Re: levels at just 28.

I know after my miscarriage my dr continued to check my HCG levels until they dropped below 5 which took about 4 weeks. How long has it been since your miscarriage? It might be that they have just not returned to normal yet. I know when I stopped bleeding from my miscarriage I did not have another period until after my levels dropped. Have you had another period yet? Hopefully this is just a slow starter and your levels increase with your next blood work.

EverydayJoy July 23rd, 2013 09:58 AM

I hope you see a nice doubling number on your next draw! ((hugs))

JaeSung July 23rd, 2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissalaw (Post 27537023)
I know after my miscarriage my dr continued to check my HCG levels until they dropped below 5 which took about 4 weeks. How long has it been since your miscarriage? It might be that they have just not returned to normal yet. I know when I stopped bleeding from my miscarriage I did not have another period until after my levels dropped. Have you had another period yet? Hopefully this is just a slow starter and your levels increase with your next blood work.

My miscarriage was last month on the 12th.

I haven't yet.

I'll find out in about a couple hours, what's going on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EverydayJoy (Post 27537036)
I hope you see a nice doubling number on your next draw! ((hugs))

Thank you :)

melissalaw July 23rd, 2013 11:29 AM

Good Luck let us know what your dr says.

JaeSung July 23rd, 2013 12:05 PM

I definitely will. :)

lelila July 23rd, 2013 12:13 PM

My last loss it took 6 weeks for my levels to drop and I had a D&C. I'm sorry this is so frustrating. Give yourself time to heal.

humnck July 23rd, 2013 12:31 PM

Your numbers don't drop right to 0 after a D&C/D&E/etc. Hormones take a bit to come back down. That being said, that doesn't put you out of the game for a new pregnancy, that could be a very early result for a pregnancy. If you had your period on the 12th, that puts you at about 2 weeks late for AF if you were on a 28 day cycle, but that is not likely, because you wouldn't be at CD1 the day after your D&C. SO, you could be very, very early.

GOOD LUCK!!

JaeSung July 23rd, 2013 03:08 PM

I haven't had my period at all. My cycle is either 30 or 31 days.

Got blood drawn. Won't get results til tomorrow.

Thank you, both.

momof8lopez July 23rd, 2013 03:27 PM

So sorry for the stress. I agree with above posters, its just a wait and see game now on how your next draw looks. Lots of prayers for a new pregnancy!

JaeSung July 23rd, 2013 04:38 PM

Yeah, it is. Thank you. :)

Sunrise July 23rd, 2013 07:42 PM

Keep us posted.

JaeSung July 23rd, 2013 07:52 PM

I definitely will.

Ame C July 23rd, 2013 08:11 PM

Sending you T&P's!!

melissalaw July 24th, 2013 05:44 AM

Thinking of you. Hoping you get some good news today.

JaeSung July 24th, 2013 07:18 AM

Well. Down to 22. That doesn't explain the positives after the negative, though.

humnck July 24th, 2013 07:43 AM

The negative may have been a false negative. I am so sorry :( You should be back to 0 and ready to TTC again soon though. Did you ask if they can monitor the levels until they are back to 0 so you don't have to go through this again?

melissalaw July 24th, 2013 08:08 AM

I'm so sorry. I was hoping that you would get a different result. I agree with Carey, I would ask them to monitor your levels until they are back down to 0. My dr monitored mine until they dropped below a 5. I got my period back shortly after my levels dropped all the way down and then we started TTC immediately and got a BFP that next cycle. So hopefully the same will happen for you.

I'm so sorry.

lelila July 24th, 2013 08:54 AM

That is a tough thing to hear, I'm sorry. Your body needs time to heal and the levels to drop. It took exactly 28 days after both my natural MC and my D&C for my levels to drop enough to have my next cycle, but honestly they weren't natural cycles. I spotted for weeks, had heavy flow on and off for 8 - 10 days and spotted again for 2 weeks. My first real cycle was 60 days after each loss. Each subsequent cycle after my last loss has been different with mid-cycle spotting and different lengths.

I hope you get to some normalcy and your levels even out and you can get back to TTC asap!

Sunrise July 24th, 2013 09:56 AM

I'm sorry. Being that the numbers are SO close I would definitely ask that they monitor you until they get lower.