JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   When? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2668118-when.html)

geogeek July 26th, 2013 11:00 AM

When?

I am having issues with when I should get a new siggie. How far into this pregnancy will I be before I feel comfortable asking for one? I felt comfortable enough to get a big sister shirt for M. I know you ladies understand this one. :/

melissalaw July 26th, 2013 11:07 AM

Re: When?

I debated the exact same thing Rachel. i decided to get mine after I got my first ultrasound and we saw our little gummy bear's beating heart and saw baby wiggle around and move his/her arm. I was terrified to get one before then. I hate that any of us has to worry during pregnancy.

That's great that you got Marsi a T-shirt. that is how we are planning on telling some people but I still need to order Jacob's shirt.

geogeek July 26th, 2013 11:09 AM

It is how I will announce on fb. We really don't have people around us we know to do anything in person. It is actually a shirt I won on a fb challenge and the lady was waiting until my BFP to make it.

Ame C July 26th, 2013 11:43 AM

I agree, after your first ultrasound sounds about right. I'm so happy for you Rachel ^_^ Any updates? When is your first appointment? Eeeee!!

I should probably get on making a new one for myself... I just have a hard time thinking what to do and get a little overwhelmed with it. Now I'm thinking I should wait until we find out if baby is a girl or boy, since we will be finding out in 3 weeks.

melissalaw July 26th, 2013 11:51 AM

I can't believe that you only have 3 weeks!! I can't wait until you find out Amy.

EverydayJoy July 26th, 2013 01:17 PM

I waited a really long time into the pregnancy to change my siggy. I just wasn't comfortable with it until something after like 20 or 25 weeks, I believe. I think it just depends. If you want to do it, then go ahead!
Maybe I shouldn't say this, and I don't mean to offend, but just hypothetically if you were to lose the baby, the siggy could sort of be something to remember him or her by, you know? So even if you did do it but then lost the baby it could still be something you would want.
I recall getting really attached to my "It's been ___ days/months since we said goodbye" ticker.

geogeek July 26th, 2013 01:31 PM

I think I will wait until I have an ultrasound picture to use in it. When I hear the heartbeat, I will probably be ready to make the change.

AnnaBonana July 27th, 2013 06:50 AM

It's so hard! For me, I feel like I'm not honouring this pregnancy because I'm so scared... But this baby should be celebrated..... But I'm so scared... And it's a vicious cycle.

I think you have a good plan. Whatever it is, you just have to wait till you feel ready.

(((Hugs))) And I'm so sorry these are the things on your mind.

lelila July 27th, 2013 08:53 AM

Rachel, I always wanted to know about your name. Geogeek - sounds like you are computer nerd. But are you saying you want to change your name to "Geforce" As in GeForce, the video card? Are you REALLY a computer nerd?

geogeek July 27th, 2013 09:02 AM

Darn you auto correct...I wrote that on my iPad. That should have been before. LOL. I am a geology geek. I have no intention to change my username. My degree is in geology. It just seems fitting for me.

momof8lopez July 27th, 2013 09:06 AM

Gosh, I can't remember when I made my first siggy with my first rainbow baby. But I think it was pretty early.....like around 4-5wks. With each rainbow after, I always made a ticker right away when I found out I was pg (8-10dpo), but I have not made special siggy's since my first rainbow.

Making a ticker was my way of coping with the milestones. I needed to see it move a day, each day, bringing me closer to my rainbow in my arms.

geogeek July 27th, 2013 09:23 AM

I have the ticker. It took me a couple of days to put that in my signature. I love seeing my ticker, even though AF isn't due for a few more days!

melissalaw July 29th, 2013 08:24 AM

I wanted the pictured of the ultrasound so that is part of the reason that I waited, plus I wanted to make sure baby had a heartbeat.

I love the tickers also.