JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Pretty cool dates (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2669976-pretty-cool-dates.html)

geogeek August 3rd, 2013 07:20 PM

Pretty cool dates

So, when I see my Due date calendar it is pretty cool. I get out of my first trimester right at the start of October (when Marsi's birthday is). I will turn 20 weeks right around my birthday. I am pretty excited about those 2 dates.

EverydayJoy August 3rd, 2013 07:32 PM

Re: Pretty cool dates

How fun! Is there anything interesting going on around your due date?

geogeek August 3rd, 2013 07:38 PM

There really isn't anything around my due date other than DH being 5 states away at a conference when I turn full term! I guess I could hope for an April fools day baby. :)

EverydayJoy August 3rd, 2013 09:31 PM

Oh no! Hopefully he or she will maybe come early for you then so your DH could be there!

geogeek August 4th, 2013 06:00 AM

Oh, he will be back when I turn 37 weeks 2 days. He will just be gone for a week right around that time. In all honesty he was a horrid help with labor once we were in the hospital with Marsi and I expect the same with every birth. I am not worried about him being there for the actual birth.

EverydayJoy August 4th, 2013 08:24 AM

Oh well then, not so big a deal huh! Will you have someone else with you in L&D, instead of your husband?
For me personally, my DH was good (at least, he wasn't bad, he was sort of just there) in labor, and I really was desperate to have him there. When I gave birth to Ethan it was just me and him and the midwife in the hospital, because we were in Alaska and my fam couldn't be there. So even though with Kody I was back with family, I only wanted DH again.

geogeek August 4th, 2013 05:15 PM

With Marsi, I had my mom and SIL with me as well as DH. There was a couch in the delivery room that DH and SIL sat on the whole time. When it was just DH and the midwives at the birthing center, he was a major champ! I don't live close to family now so I don't think anyone will be joining us in the delivery room this next time.

EverydayJoy August 4th, 2013 06:12 PM

Do you feel ok with that? I think for me, I would want maybe one person there with me to keep me company, but also after already having had Ethan, I felt more confident in my own abilities with Kody. I don't think I really needed anyone with me, it was more an emotional support thing. DH pretty much was just there, stayed close by me, and didn't do or say much, but that was all I wanted.

geogeek August 4th, 2013 06:32 PM

Yeah, I am fine with that. I guess I don't have another choice, so I have to be. I don't have anyone here and I feel pretty confident after Marsi's birth. I know DH will do what your DH did with Kody.

melissalaw August 5th, 2013 06:08 AM

Rachel that is definitely a great sign. My birthday is April 2 so maybe your little one will come on that day!!

geogeek August 5th, 2013 06:52 AM

I wouldn't mind that birthday.

Ame C August 5th, 2013 12:47 PM

It's nice to have positive feelings towards upcoming dates. I agree, it looks like good signs for you and little one.