JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Maternity Clothes (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2670983-maternity-clothes.html)

melissalaw August 8th, 2013 07:34 AM

Maternity Clothes

For Mommies: When did you start wearing maternity clothes with your pregnancies?

For Pregnant Ladies: Have you started wearing maternity clothes yet? If yes when did you start wearing them.

With Jackson I think I started wearing them around 16 weeks. It took me a long time to show with him. With Jacob I started around 13 weeks and with this one I am wearing maternity pants today at 11 weeks 4 days..lol. My other pants still fit but they are getting tight and they are just uncomfortable so I got my maternity pants out week before last and got them all washed. So now I'm wearing them and I am much more comfortable than i was in my other pants.

geogeek August 8th, 2013 10:53 AM

Re: Maternity Clothes

Eh, I start wearing them before I really NEED to because regular pants make me nauseated because they are not stretchy. I think I started wearing them with Marsi around 8 weeks. I haven't started wearing them yet...granted I am only 5 weeks but I expect to be in them in just a couple of weeks. I seem to be in pjs most of the time these days anyway.

lelila August 8th, 2013 11:00 AM

With my first, I was barely over 100 lbs when I got pregnant and didn't wear maternity clothes until almost 25 weeks.

I gained alot of weight since then. Particularly with my last pregnancy, I was in maternity clothes when I m/c'd. I haven't lost the last 5 or 6 lbs of that weight, though I've lost 2 lbs in the past 2 weeks, so I'm almost there. I can't reasonably expect to lose anymore of it at this point. Strangely though, I don't fit in any of the clothes that fit me even this spring. Bloat perhaps? My c-sec scar is stretching as are my other scars (I've had several abdominal surgeries) and right now only sweats and pajamas fit. I suppose I'll have to do something, I mean, I have to leave the house at some point.

AnnaBonana August 8th, 2013 11:25 AM

No mat clothes here, 6w4d. This morning I thought I looked a little pouffy, but I really don't look like anything yet.

Ame C August 8th, 2013 05:39 PM

I am! I'm still wearing them on and off. I regulate between maternity clothes and my old "fat" clothes that I can still fit in. I started wearing my maternity pants around 10 weeks this time. With my first pregnancy, I was 16 weeks when I picked up my first few maternity outfits.

momof8lopez August 8th, 2013 05:55 PM

Last 4 pregnancy's, around 10wks for maternity clothes. First 4 kids were around 16wks.....maybe 12wks with my 4th. First baby was over 7mo before maternity clothes, lol.....but that was 1992, when tights and big shirts was in style, lol

EverydayJoy August 8th, 2013 09:45 PM

Let's see...with Ethan I got pregnant in April and didn't start wearing actual maternity clothes until September! I did wear a size larger in regular clothes for awhile until then. Took me a long time to pop out. With Kody I think I was in maternity clothes around 12 weeks. It was just more comfortable.

It was funny, my OB doc saw that I was in maternity jeans so soon, and she asked, Do you need to wear maternity clothes or are they just more comfortable?
I answered that they were more comfortable, but thinking about it later, isn't that why anyone wears maternity clothes? Because they're more comfortable??? lol.