JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Kicks from the outside? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2671548-kicks-outside.html)

Ame C August 11th, 2013 05:28 AM

Kicks from the outside?

Mommies, when did you start feeling kicks from the outside of your stomach?

I'm thinking it wont be too much longer now because baby has been moving around a lot more lately. I still can't feel the movements with my hand from the outside of my stomach yet. With Clyde, DH didn't feel his first kick until around 23 weeks. I couldn't feel movements from the outside for about 2-3 weeks before DH felt it, so about 20 weeks along was the first time.

momof8lopez August 11th, 2013 07:04 AM

Re: Kicks from the outside?

With most of my pregnancy's, I felt first outside kicks pretty early, but I was a very thin woman. Most of them were around 17wks-18wks. I did feel my second baby from the outside at like a freakishly 13wks, but I was like 105lbs at 5'6.......you could see my uterus protruding so bad, I looked like a walking skelaton, lol.

This pregnancy was about 15wks when I felt a thump on my hand......but it was not consitant until about 17wks.

geogeek August 11th, 2013 08:30 AM

I don't remember. I spent most of that time 5 states away from DH. I think I could easily at 18ish weeks while it took him till 25 weeks or so.

Ame C August 11th, 2013 09:07 AM

I guess all my extra fluff is cushioning baby kicks from the outside ;) I'm sure it wont be much longer. Baby was wiggling around for about a whole hour last night. I enjoyed every minute of it.

geogeek August 11th, 2013 10:43 AM

Awe, I can't wait until the kicks start being felt. By far my favorite part of pregnancy.

EverydayJoy August 11th, 2013 11:18 PM

Well, with both boys, I actually didn't feel concrete movements until almost 20 weeks along. I mean me feeling movements just on the inside! So it was probably a few more weeks until DH could feel on the outside. Both boys were kind of "chill" in utero so they didn't give really hard kicks. Seems like the 3rd trimester was when DH was able to feel.

melissalaw August 12th, 2013 06:47 AM

I think it was around 20 weeks with both my boys. It was so funny how different they both were. Jackson would go into stealth mode everytime DH would touch my belly and wouldn't move at all. DH rarely felt him move and with Jacob he would go crazy when DH would touch my belly. He would kick his hand everytime. Almost like he was saying get your hand off my mommy..lol.

Ame C August 12th, 2013 07:01 AM

LOL - Clyde would go into stealth mode too!! Silly boys... I wonder what makes them suddenly just stop moving around when daddy tries to feel them kicking? It's like they really do KNOW!!

humnck August 12th, 2013 07:01 AM

With DD1, I think DH felt the first around 16-17 weeks, but then didn't feel her again for a while, actually, he was sitting in front of me on the floor and I was laying on the couch and DD1 kicked him, so that was a total accident...lol! With DD2, it was like 22 weeks before he was able to catch a kick, but they could be felt before that, she just liked to tease and every time he would put his hand on my belly, she would stop moving...lol! I think it is normal not to feel them until around 20-22 weeks, I don't know why that number sticks in my head.

lelila August 12th, 2013 07:04 AM

I think 20 weeks for us too. I was very thin for my first pregnancy, but packed on pounds quickly in the end. I'm heavier now than I was when I brought my son home from the hospital all those years ago. :rolleyes: So I guess we won't feel an outside kick until this one is playing soccer.

Ame C August 12th, 2013 07:17 AM

LMBO!!! :spit: