JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   6 weeks is of the devil. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2672259-6-weeks-devil.html)

geogeek August 14th, 2013 09:24 AM

6 weeks is of the devil.

I have been getting sicker each day starting at 5 weeks 4 days. I hit 6 weeks today and I am laying flat. I have to take my thyroid meds in the morning before I can eat and that just makes me start out on a bad nausea note. I went to the store and got some unisom and ginger ale. Poor Marsi had to go into the kitchen and bring me her fruit snacks that she wanted me to open. Bad mommy. Poor bubby. Here is to hoping that I can stave off the vomitting. I am not so hopeful on that one.

lelila August 14th, 2013 09:37 AM

Re: 6 weeks is of the devil.

Join the horrible nausea club. I didn't have it this bad for any of my pregnancies. I had the special joy of vomiting through my nose this morning.

EverydayJoy August 14th, 2013 09:37 AM

You poor thing! 6 weeks is definitely when it starts ramping up. I'm sorry you're feeling so lousy! Maybe have something like dry crackers/ginger ale at your bedside in the morning so you can try to help your tummy feel better before you get out of bed?
PS have you heard of Preggie Pops? Some people swear by them (I never did try them, but wanted to). They're sour candies that are supposed to help with m/s.

Ugh, Leia, that's gotta be so painful!

Ame C August 14th, 2013 09:38 AM

Feeling icky all day is no bueno! I hope it eases up a little for ya. When do you get your prescription for the meds? Was it this week or next? (I can't remember)

I'm sure Marsi didn't mind bringing you her fruit snacks to open, just as long as they got opened. She seems like a sweetheart. I can't picture her being upset ^_^

humnck August 14th, 2013 10:06 AM

I hope that it doesn't too long! That sucks!

geogeek August 14th, 2013 10:34 AM

Thank you so much ladies. I hate to complain, but it was bad enough when I didn't have to be at the beck and call of a toddler. I love her to death. She is my saving grace to even get me out of bed on days like this. I go in for my appointment on Monday and I will practically be begging for zofran. I will tell her i have tried unisom/b6 combo, ginger ale and other OTC nausea helps to no avail.

melissalaw August 14th, 2013 10:40 AM

I know exactly what you are going through. I have been really sick with this pregnancy and trying to take care of 2 little boys plus be sick is terrible. I am at 12 weeks and it is finally starting to get better. Just hang in there it will get better. Glad marsi brought you her snacks to open. I have all my cabinets child proofed so my kids can't get in them. I would have had to get up and get the snacks.

geogeek August 14th, 2013 10:43 AM

Her snack cupboard is the only one not locked. It is nice sometimes. Oh, but I called my doctor today and guess who has a Rx for Zofran now!!??!!?? Whoot Whoot!

EverydayJoy August 14th, 2013 11:08 AM

Yippee!!! I am so glad you got it!

sandel07 August 14th, 2013 05:57 PM

Sorry you are feeling so bad, just think a few days ago you were concerned that you weren't feeling.

Hope you feel better soon.

AnnaBonana August 14th, 2013 07:55 PM

Happy for you! I hope the meds work and you are feeling tip top again shortly!

momof8lopez August 15th, 2013 08:14 AM

What a friend I'am, lol, IM HAPPY YOUR SICK, LOL. But, praying that the zofran helps you out! I personally hated zofran, I'd rather puke than take that nasty pill....I paid over $100 out of pocket for 20 pills with my last baby and took only one, lol...even with this pregnancy I was not desperate enough for it, I hate the taste!

geogeek August 15th, 2013 08:46 AM

Oh, I remember all too well a week ago when I was worried that I wasn't feeling sick enough! I am glad that I am having symptoms. It helps the anxiety before I get my first ultrasound on Monday. I am also glad that I can take Zofran to help out with the nausea.